38

After an exhausting night of dancing both adults arrived home absolutely drained from their energy.
Thankfully though there was nothing left to be done, they'd only need to simply get into their pijamas and then go to bed.

Or at least that would've been if the paparazzi wouldn't have completely invaded the mansion after seeing these two "work partners" dance and even kiss together.

The public didn't know anything about Gabriel's and Nathalie's relationship, therefore the great majority considered this as an affair and nothing else.

But it wasn't.
It was "truly" love, or at least for Nathalie it was. However for her partner it was a more complicated feeling which caused him to be unable to tell the public about their current "relationship".
And if it wasn't for his assistant's loyalty then she should've been long gone by now.

"What do you mean you can't just say it?" She shouted "We're dating! You told me yourself! You even told Audrey! Y-You-...ARE YOU LYING TO ME GABRIEL?!"

"N-no n-never!!" The man replied with a shaking voice which didn't sound so certain, in fact, Nathalie considered it rather uncertain and unclear, almost as if by this he was hinting that he still had some strings attached to his old wife.

"Then what?! Then why are you so afraid to tell everyone that we're together?"

"I-I-...I d-don't know! I-I'm afraid everyone will turn on me a-and h-hate me!"

"B-because you love me everyone would hate you?"

"I-I-"

"Is the public's opinion more important than me and this relationship?"

With that everything went quiet in the room and suddenly the dark haired woman could see that the so called "love of her life" absolutely betrayed her.

"Seriously Gabe?" She cried now "You really don't care about me do you?!"

"No-no-no!! I do! Nathalie believe me I-" But it was already too late to save the conversation now.
Every time the designer would try to get closer to his girlfriend she'd smack his hand away or even just give the man a hateful glare which would be enough to scare him off.

"Please Nath I-"

"No! Hush you liar! Y-you t-totally b-betrayed me! Y-you set me up, as if I was your little toy or what not! Y-you basically played me!"

"I-I didn't-"

"YOU DID!" The assistant screamed back fearfully "You did" she repeated once more, less enthusiastically "....you did..." she came to an end, sadly.

And now Gabriel couldn't do anything to save his skin. Now he was the main villain who both lied to his girlfriend and to the public.
Now he was the reason why everything fell apart.

So before he knew it the door slammed shut and his beloved Nathalie was out, going to the man who she knew would never ever leave her.

-

Martin

-

"Martin! May I come in?" Asked the assistant as she somewhat aggressively knocked on his door, before earning an exhausted sigh noise from behind the piece of wood, and then soon finally seeing the brown haired man himself, who as of right now seemed to be in a big rush.