42

However after being told such terrific news not even the designer was sure how he was going to solve this situation.
He didn't want to hurt his assistant ever again, however he also didn't want his only daughter being endangered either.
So this was obviously a very tough decision, and the fact that Nathalie was crying in Gabriel's arms didn't help either.

"Shh it's alright." He comforted her in hopes of soon making Nathalie calm down, which eventually did happen. And then she looked at him with her eyes all puffy and red, not being able to say much just whisper:

"Thank you sir." She smiled "and I'm sorry for being so emotional." Then when she was done with the talking she threw her arms around his neck and pulled herself close.

Gabriel couldn't help but feel sorry for the young woman as she held onto him so sacredly.
It simply broke his heart.
The way she feared someone so much, and how paranoid she got every time Tom would be mentioned even just a slight bit.
Then the dark haired woman would completely crumbled and hope for Gabriel to save her, who always loved to, but hated knowing the feeling that his assistant herself wouldn't be enough to fight the black haired man.

And so the designer promised to protect her at all costs.
Even if it would be almost impossible, he'd do it.
Or at least he promised to.

"Nathalie, it's okay that you cry." He placed a hand on her back, and patted it softly "I won't stop you, especially not under these shitty circumstances, but could you please tell me what exactly this coward threatened you with?"

"S-sir-" she shook her head, but the designer just interrupted:

"Nathalie I won't get angry, I simply want to know what he would want to do to my daughter."

And with saying that Gabriel got the assistant shaking, in fact she still continued to shake her  head even when she pulled back and mumbled:

"Well he...he only said that if he doesn't get the job then he'll go back a-and...do what he did before..."

"So?"

"So obviously he meant rape or some kind of illegal activity!"

"R-right." The man sighed "So my thoughts were right." He looked at Nathalie who in an instant spotted the cursed tear in her boss's eye. And though she couldn't do much she just went to hug him again.

"I'm sorry sir you really don't deserve to hear this about your daughter. But trust me she's  such a sweet soul that I wouldn't let him do anything to her! I would rather have him target me, but Alice, she doesn't deserve anything, only happiness."

"Oh no Nathalie, those are very kind words but please don't say that you'd rather put yourself in danger because that's something I could never allow..." There Gabriel stopped to kiss the top of her head as a tiny 'reward' for being so 'brave' to say that's she'd protect Alice no matter what, and afterwards, just like before, the man protectively placed his hands on her back "...You're way too precious to me and always have been, I couldn't bare the thought and guilt of you being hurt once more. I just won't let it happen! Okay?"

"Okay." She smiled and then out of the blue kissed the designer as if it would've been the most casual action ever. But by this simplicity she got him all flustered and blushing. And Gabriel didn't even hate it, in fact he very much liked it, though they were still broken up.

Nevertheless after a few seconds of being mesmerized  and in love, the grey haired man snapped back into reality to notice that now his assistant was waiting for him at the door.

"Come on!" She cheered seeming much happier than just a few seconds ago "We must go back to meet out new worker."

"R-right. But let me get dressed first!"