16

"Useless!"
"Why couldn't you save her yourself?"
"Pathetic!"
"Always so desperate for help."
"Ridiculous!"
"Martin is really the better choice for her."

"No!" Gabriel yelled as he woke up drenched in sweat.
"What...the...fuck..."
A voice uttered with disgust, and as the designer carefully move his eyes up he could see his own son staring down at the two of them.
"You're disgusting! Is this how you mourn the loss of my mother?"
"No-no! Adrien! This is not what it looks like!"
"I bet."
And with that final statement the kid walked away leaving both his father and Nathalie shocked, but to be honest Nathalie was more embarrassed than shocked.
"I-...I should go-" she mumbled slowly before getting up and rushing away.
"No Nathalie-" but it was already too late as she had left.

Now the assistant quickly made her way down the stairs still wearing the pijama which Gabriel gave to her.
Nathalie was about to make it out of the door but soon she realized she couldn't walk down the streets of Paris dressed like that.

"Do you want me to drive you?"
A voice asked which clearly wasn't her superior's, instead it was his child's.
"A-Adrien I-..."
"Don't say a word! I just want to get you out of here as fast as possible."

The assistant hesitated, should she explain what really happened or should she leave it, eventually Nathalie didn't bother in telling him the fine details so she just followed Adrien out to the car with her head facing the floor acting all ashamed and embarrassed.
"Get in!" He ordered and she did as told.
Nathalie was good at that, obeying, but as she opened her mouth to thank him she had broken the first thing Adrien told her to do, stay quiet.
So Nathalie stopped speaking as soon as she realized which caused her to just make a weird sound that got the teenager's attention.
"What?"
"N-nothing...I mean I just wanted to say thank you."
But before Adrien even had a chance at formulating a reply Gabriel arrived at the scene.

"Adrien? What the hell are you doing?"
"I'm doing what any 17 year old would be doing, father."
The teenager spat that last word "father" with utter disgust, and this instantly broke Gabriel's heart into a million individual pieces.
"I don't allow it! Get back here! Both of you!"
"Adrien you should listen to your fathe-"
"Shut up! You have no right to speak! You're not even in this family!"
"Adrien! Apologize to Nathalie this instant!!"
"No father, she volunteered to sleep with you!"
"She didn't! You don't even know half of the story!!"

By now the young assistant had tears in her eyes which made it difficult to see but she still managed to get out of the car and leave.
Both men were still arguing whilst Nathalie made her way home but at least no one held her back, that was until she made it out the big iron gates and a hand pulled her back.

"Nathalie please, stay." Said Gabriel who held onto her hand so desperately as if his life depended on it.
But despite all of this Nathalie just shook her head:
"No sir, I can't-"
"Please, I'll make sure Adrien won't bother you-"
"It's not because of him."
"Then what is it? Please just tell me, I'll get rid of whatever or whoever is bothering you. So tell me-"
"ITS YOU!" The assistant exclaimed which took Gabriel by complete shock, he would've never thought it was his own fault that Nathalie wanted to run away.

"Wha-...what did I do?"
"You're selfish! You won't ever let go of me as if I was your little puppet to control. Well I'm not!"
"I-..." the designer took a step closer to her and slowly ran his fingers down his assistant's cheek which was slippery from all of her salty tears. "...Nathalie I'm so sorry, I didn't know I was being so stupid-"
"Don't even try to apologize, I-I-"

Nathalie tried to threaten him but soon she just fell apart, Gabriel was too good at comforting and she couldn't keep on insulting him because deep down the assistant knew she never meant to say any of those things.