31

Whilst the adults were having a little too much fun pretending to be all sorts of heroes and villains a sudden phone call distracted Nathalie from the police woman role.

"Yes hello?" She picked up and within seconds the assistant got an alarming reply on the other side of the phone:
"N-Nathalie!! I-It's me! Adrien!! And-and I-...I can't quite explain what happened but I saw my mother! I swear! And-and then she-...she perished away! Like just poof, she was gone! And-and I'm not high or drunk, THIS IS THE TRUTH!!"

The young woman gasped but she tried to remain calm in order to not scare anyone, still her superior could sense that something was wrong so he sat closer to his assistant and listened into the conversation.

"Are you sure it was not some dream or nightmare?"
"No Nathalie no! I-...I saw my mother! I was about to take her home and show father that she's back but then she disappeared!"

Now Gabriel was the one to gasp:
"Oh shit-...I forgot about that incident!"
He said looking at Nathalie who also nodded in agreement and whispered to him:
"I know sir, I also forgot that Adrien was-"
"NATHALIE HELLO?! ARE YOU STILL THERE?!"
"Y-yes Adrien! I'm here."
"Okay great, but where are you actually? Because I'm home in the mansion but I haven't seen you."

The assistant panicked, she couldn't just tell the child that her and Gabriel are currently in a different country playing around with Adrien's secret sister no one knew existed, but at the same time Nathalie was horrible at lying and would always get caught, so she looked over to her superior who also had the exact same worried expression as the young woman.

"We-...Audrey called for your father so he is currently discussing business with her."
"Oh-...this late at night?"
"Well-...she said it was 'urgent' so-...I'm only doing my job Adrien."
"Right, I understand."

With that disappointed sigh the teenager hung up making the two partners in crime feel much more relieved, however the little kids and Alice just stared at Nathalie and Gabriel confused.

"Who was it?" The blond woman asked to which her father chuckled and replied:
"Your brother."
"Oh-...Adrien Agreste, right?"
"Right, you've heard of him?"
"Just a bit." She giggled "But it's mostly because I see him in magazines I buy...and that's the most I've ever known about my family."
"Well-...maybe you could come home with us to Paris! And bring the kids too! Or perhaps leave them behind with their father." The designer suggested as he sat back down onto the rug which had a road drawn on it, and within seconds he continued playing cars with the two boys.
But instead of Alice smiling she turned away with a rather miserable look.

"Yeah no. I can't leave them...their father...he doesn't really exist."
"Pardon?"
"We aren't together, it was all just a mistake!"
"O-oh-...sorry I didn't know, I wouldn't have mentioned if-"
"It's alright, it was a long time ago anyways so it's all in the past, and plus the boys don't really remember, so as long as they have you I think they won't ever be bored."
Alice smiled again as she glanced upon her father who never seemed to stop entertaining the children, and as she looked a little to Gabriel's right she spotted his assistant who smiled at him the exact way.

Basically everyone was watching the grey haired man who for a second almost forgot to answer but as he felt Nathalie get up from beside him the designer shook his head and pulled her back down.

"I'm sorry love, did I not give you a car to chase me with?"

The young woman froze as she just got called love, but Gabriel himself didn't notice that he accidentally said that so when Nathalie became a blushing mess he began laughing.

"What?!" The designer turned to see Alice also frozen and absolutely shocked "What happened? Did I do something? Did I mess up?"

"N-no dad...but I think you just declared your love for Nathalie."
"I-...I did?"
"Yes! You called her...love."
"O-oh that was a total accident-I MEAN no-no Nathalie wait!"