(29) Recover (2)

Alessandro's POV:

We're now in Tony's room waiting for him to wake up. We managed to convince Uncles, Dad and Grandpa to go home now that he's okay. They've been in here for a long time. They need to rest.

So now me and my cousins are only here. Leo was sitting on one side of Antonio's bed while the twins sat on the other side of the bed. I stood in the corner looking at Antonio's sleeping figure.

He looked so weak. I mean Emilio did say he'll be weak but seeing all those wires attached to him it hurts. The triplets, Angelo were seated on the nearby couch. Stephano and Mark went down to get us some food.

Suddenly I saw Antonio scrunching his face. I immediately stood straight.

"Antonio?", Leo whispered looking at Antonio waking up.

Tony slowly opened his eyes and blinks a few times to adjust to the immediate lights. He took a deep breath and looked here and there.

He saw Leo and smiled a bit.

"Hey you okay? You didn't get hurt right?", Antonio asked softly

I smile a bit seeing his worry despite his condition.

"Oh shut up you idiot! Ughhh I can kill you right now. Who asked you to take that stupid bullet?! You're really worried about me right now?!", Leo said angrily

We all chuckled at them. Antonio looked amused.

"It's my job Leo. I'm your second in command and obviously your brother. It's my duty to protect you besides it also kinda was a natural instinct to jump in front of you", Antonio shrugged

Leo gave out a pissed off noise.

"You're lucky you're already on the hospital bed or else I would have put you in here", Leo snarls

Antonio chuckled shaking his head and caressed Leo's hand. Leo had tears in his eyes suddenly.

"Seriously Tony never do that again. Do you have any idea how difficult it was to see you like that and get you here hoping it wasn't too late. Dammit! Please don't do that again! Fuck your instincts. We can't lose you", Leo said tears coming out and hugging him.

"Hey hey stop Leo. I'm all good now right? Atleast I hope I am but forget about all that anyway and I most definitely don't want to see you cry", Antonio frowned and hugged him.

Leo nods wiping his tears. I look at them smiling.

"Don't worry you're all good now", Lucas whispered

Antonio turned to Lucas and his face softens at the twin's vulnerable faces.

"Tony I was so scared", Marcus whispered choking out a sob and covering his face with his hands.

"Hey come here bud", Antonio smiled sadly opening his arms

The twins immediately hug him tight and cry. It was such a sad sight that even I had tears in my eyes but I didn't let them fall down.

Damon, Deigo and Daniel come and try to comfort the twins. Antonio kept saying soothing things to them to calm them but the twins never stopped crying. Antonio kissed their heads.

Leo wiped a few tears that fell out. Finally the twins wipe their tears and pull away from Antonio.

"You ever do that to us again and I'll be a bigger pain in your ass than I already am", Lucas said rubbing his eyes. Marcus frantically nods his head.

We all laugh. Antonio chuckled.

"Seriously Tony please don't scare us like that. Its not easy to see our elder brother like this", Marcus whispered sadly