(69) Reminiscence

Third POV:

Micheal couldn't put a finger on what he was feeling, because it was a very unfamiliar and unsettling feeling.

He glanced at all of Val's brothers who were either crying or trying to calm others. He then turned towards the door of the room where Val was getting operated at.

His breathing increased. He suddenly started sweating. He was getting nervous. He removed his jacket and stared at his hands. He started feeling a bit dizzy.

Rafael noticed his brother feeling so uncomfortable. He knew he needed a different atmosphere. He immediately helped Micheal get up.

Then they both rushed outside the hospital. Micheal was gasping now.

Mady and Sav saw them run and their eyes went wide. They wanted to follow, but they held back as they wanted to give him some space and not hover.

Micheal fell on his knees the moment they were out. He breathed in fresh air as much as he could. Rafael rubbed his back continuously, his face etched with worry.

After some time Micheal's breathing was normal. But he wasn't.

The moment his mind was off his breathing it jumped to Val. He chokes out a loud sob. His was on all fours and he puts his head down and cried.

Rafael went to hold his brother when Micheal lost balance and he curled up in a fetus position on the ground as he cried.

Rafael eyes became glossy seeing his brother in pain.

Micheal cried a lot. He tried to cover his face by putting his arms on his head and shielding his face, but his sobs made it very clear that he was devastated.

Some Italian mafia's men saw him and felt sympathy for the young guy. They were all worried themselves for the mafia princess, but the boy's condition just worried them more.

"Micheal please", Rafael pleaded his brother as he held him tight to his own body.

Micheal kept choking out sobs as he remembered the doctor's words. As he remembered her being shot. As he remembered her blood everywhere.

"I-I can't take it Raf. It's too overwhelming. It's so fucking p-painful", Micheal clutched his left side of his chest as he poured.

His face was filled with tears and Rafael had never seen him look so helpless or weak.

"Micheal it's all coming back after the shock got over. I'm sorry you're hurting, but please hold on. It'll be over soon", Rafael shed many tears as he held his younger brother close to him.

He couldn't. He just couldn't see Micheal in pain. He never could. As kids when Micheal would get hurt by just falling down while playing or something Sav would freak out while Rafael would just feel pain as if he was hurt.

"I c-can't live without her Raf. I can't. I don't want to live if something happens to her. She's too important to me. I-I need her", Micheal shakes his head grabbing Rafael's hand.

Rafael knew that instant that those two were made for each other. He never believed in soulmates, because he didn't understand the concept, but he would surely call them soulmates.

It was crazy how these two were so attached to each other. Rafael knew they were in love, but it's still baffling how deep their love is.

"Listen to me brother. Please", Rafael caressed Micheal's face in his hands and made him look at him.

Micheal took shutter breaths and shed tears while looking at Rafael.

"You have to be strong for yourself. She is not going anywhere if you think positively. The time's hard and I understand, but it's gonna be better soon. You just have to hold on. I'm sorry for the pain you're feeling, but if you don't keep hope the pain will only increase. I can't see you like this Micheal. Don't do this to yourself please", Rafael sheds a few tears as he wiped some off Micheal's face.