(48) Lunch at Perry's

Valentina's POV:

We soon reach the house me and mom lived in for so many years and Ales parks the car in the driveway.

It's not a huge house but just your normal size independent house. Ales had already asked someone to get this house cleaned as it had been empty for a long time.

I get out and look at the house with a huge smile on my face. It's been a year but somehow it still doesn't feel long. I was staring at the house when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I snap out of my thoughts and turn to see it's Xander smiling at me.

"This was our house. Small and sweet", I grin.

"It's beautiful", Dad smiled looking at it.

"Come let's go in!!", I yell in happiness and grab Xander and Xavier's hand and pull them inside the house.

They laughed and ran along with me. I reach the door and let go of their hands and try to open the door.

That's when I realised the door's locked. I turn and sheepishly smile at Ales who had the keys and was throwing them in the air smirking at me.

Everyone chuckled at me.

I ran and snatched the keys from Ales's hand and showed him my tongue and ran back to the door before he could say anything.

I in excitement fumble with the keys and finally get the door open. I finally open the door and take a step inside.

I take a deep breath and look around. On my right was the living room with the same couches and tv. On my left was the kitchen.

"Keep walking folks! I'm not getting any younger here", Matteo yells from behind. He was at the last with some luggage in his hand.

I laugh and take few more steps inside so others can get the space to walk in. I turn and look at everyone. They all walk inside looking at house with a smile. Everyone took their time to admire the place.

"This is so Melanie's taste", Dad chuckled picking the pillows from the couch.

I smile at him.

"Literally nothing has changed you know. Everything is in the same place it was when I left this house. I only took my essential possessions with me to New York", I tell them.

"I'm glad. I wanna see everything the way mum kept it", Enzo grinned like he won a lottery or something.

"Me too", Elijah smiled walking towards the shelves near the living room furniture.

"I'm going to explore the kitchen!", Enzo yells happily and ran towards the kitchen.

"It's not that big to explore", I chuckled but Enzo was long gone.

Ales smiled at Enzo's enthusiasm.

"Where was your room?", Matteo asked smiling.

"Come I'll show you", I grin and walked towards the stairs.

Matteo and the twins follow me. I walk up and open my bedroom door.

Again it was the same as I left it.

"This is my room", I smile opening my arms wide and looking at my brothers.

They smile and walk in seeing everything. Matteo jumps on my bed and then frowns when it made noise.

"It's a very old bed Matteo. I won't be surprised if it broke at mere jumping", I chuckled shaking my head.

Matteo nods but I could see he was sad at seeing we didn't exactly live luxuriously.