Daphne.

Just a short chapter to get to know Daphne a little better before they are going back to Hogwarts. Nothing special. But! Some things can be triggering for some people. This chapter will include child abuse and suicidal thoughts. Please don't read this chapter if it is hard for you to read about it. It won't change anything of the plot if you skip this chapter. As always stay safe everybody, I love you!

"I haven't seen you around Hogwarts yet" Prim starts the conversation to distract Daphne from tears rolling down Prim's face.

"Really?" Daphne smirks "I have seen you many times, I always thought it's breathtaking how beautiful you are"

"Oh come on, says the one looking like an angel" Prim smiles as a response.

"Maybe I am one" Daphne laughs and as she does, she laughs with her whole face. Something Prim can only consider as pure and special. Her sweet voice is echoing into the nothingness in front of them, sounding like one of Prim's favorite songs to which she loves dancing.

"Oh, I would know if you are one" Prim laughs in hidden and her tears disappear.

"Okay, I am not an angel sadly," Daphne says in acted sadness "but I always wanted to be one as I think angels are signs of hope, signs of love, signs of life even when being dead. An angel is someone to light up your life when you're surrounded by death."

Prim nods, smiling. "You may be right," she says finally.

Daphne's smile brightens as she thinks she just found a friend in Prim. This day couldn't have been better for Daphne as she found love and friendship within hours. Never in her life, she had this luck to meet nice people, to meet the right ones. She doesn't think once about her being naive even if she should.

With her family being one of the "sacred twenty-eight" she never had the choice to make her own friends. Just like her marriage, so were her friendships set up by her parents. So she had no other choice than to be one of a lot of purebloods degrading others because of their ancestry. She never shared their opinions and she always longed for stopping the hate her so-called friends spread everywhere they were going.

As a child, Daphne never experienced love, never knew what love is in the first place. Her parents never had time for her as they pushed her from one person to another to take care of her until she went to school. They never came to the platform to wave after her and her sister like the other parents did. They never gave her a hug or one simple smile.

At the age of one, she was left alone in the backyard in her buggy all night because her parents forgot she was there in the first place. Nearly frozen to death, one of the house-elves found her just in time.

At the age of nearly three, she learned to talk by herself as no one made the effort to teach her. The young clever girl always gave her best in life to succeed without the help of others and so she did. She listened to the words spoken by her parents and repeated them over and over again. And so it wasn't the word "mother" or "father" that came across her lips for the first time. Her first word ever was the name of the dark lord.

At the age of seven, she learned how to deal with daily pain as her parents started to pay attention to her. Just not in the way she wanted. There was nothing she could do right as she wasn't able to fly a broom at her young age as the Malfoy's bragged with their son flying around the garden at the age of 4. Pain, over and over again, she had to endure as her parents started to let her feel the disappointment they have for her. A broken nose, a broken arm. A broken leg, a broken heart.

At the age of thirteen, she realized what it feels like to become a woman when her first period came. She didn't know what to do, who to talk to as her mother didn't care, her sister wasn't there. So she bled into her underwear every day until her mother realized it. It was the day when Daphne forgot how to walk straight again after being beaten up by her mother's cane with the wolf on it. No animal she feared more in her life than the doglike creature.

At the age of sixteen, she thought about giving up on life as she didn't know what her duty and task in this world were at all. So she sat crying in one of the bathrooms of Hogwarts, holding her wand against her head for hours until a pitying voice stopped her from doing so. It was Moaning Myrtle who told her how awful it is to be dead, how precious life is, how sad it would be if Daphne would waste the opportunities Merlin gave her.

At the age of 18, she decided to obey her parents one last time. She's going to marry the man they chose for her but other than her parents, she will give all the love she has to her husband. She realized early that she never wants to live the life her parents have. A life without love and appreciation. But as soon as she's married, she will be her own person. She will be showing affection to the people she likes regardless of who they are. She will be a loving mother, caring for her children as if it's the last thing she is going to do. She will be the person she always wanted to be.

With every year passing, Daphne became the young woman she is now. With every hateful glance, she got because she has the wrong gender to fulfill the family's duties. With every vein of her body, she wishes for someone to show her parents that being a girl, being a woman is nothing to be ashamed about. In the end, women bring love, children, power, and greatness. And just because the pureblood reign forbids girls to keep their last name when being married, it doesn't mean that they aren't worthy of it.

All her life, Daphne wished for a girl to come who keeps up with the lords and ladies of the "sacred twenty-eight" because she knew, it can never be her. A girl who has the power to destroy old beliefs and manners. A girl who is capable of showing every man and woman who suppressed all the young girls because of their gender what it feels like being of minor value by showing them her strength.

Little does she know that she's sitting right next to the girl who is about to fulfill her wishes.

"Prim?!" Fred nearly yells, coming through the huge black front door of Malfoy Manor, interrupting the joyful togetherness of the girls. "Are you okay? Malfoy told me to look after you because the dickhead threw you out?!"

"What? Draco told you to go?" Daphne says in shock and her eyes widen in pity.

Prim lends her a tiny smile to tell her that she doesn't have to worry about her and gets up from the ground. Her legs hurt as tiny stones still stick to her bare legs until they are falling to the ground bit by bit.

"It's okay, Freddie. I'm fine! Daphne, right here kept me some wonderful company"

Fred seems to be pleased with Prim's answer as he stumbles towards them. It looks like he drank way more than he can handle and so Prim knows she has to take care of him instead of the other way around. But she doesn't care as long as she knows he's safe.

"Is this your boyfriend?" Daphne smirks at Prim, giving her a telling look.

"Oh," Prim laughs whispering "No, we're just friends. He is like.. my best friend, I guess"

"What did I miss?" Fred says while catching a breath. He's breathing heavily as he made his way through the whole manor at a really fast pace to find Prim.

"I'll tell you at home, I guess. You won't remember tomorrow anyway" Prim laughs, gives Daphne her jacket back before giving Fred her shoulder to lean on.

"You're prob- probably right" Fred slurs as the hick-up starts.

"Are you guys okay? Can I help you with something else?" Daphne smiles, offering her help with every drop of loving blood pumping through her.

"Thanks but no, I think we're good. I guess we will see each other at school?" Prim returns Daphne's smile as she grabs into her pocket for her wand to disapparate.

"Of course, I'd love that!" Daphne says a bit too loud as she's full of euphoria.

"You know what, Daphne?" Prim turns around one more time before leaving "I changed my mind. You are an angel"