Cicadas.

"Daphne, come on!" Draco yells and runs after her out of the Slytherin common room. "Please, I know I hurt you but it wasn't a lie when I said I love you!"

"Yes, it wasn't a lie. But the whole truth wasn't it either." Daphne screams, ignoring the curfew, and tries to run away from Draco through the empty hallways of Hogwarts while tears are trying to run faster down her cheek as her legs can take her.

Daphne opens the huge and heavy door just a little and sneaks through it as her petite body doesn't need more space. And so the door closes behind her right away again. As soon as Draco reaches the door as well, he opens it with a powerful move and runs straight through it into the cold summer night.

Shivers make their way down his spine as he is just in the shirt he sleeps in. He takes a look around and tries to spot Daphne in the darkness that surrounds him. Nothing is seen as the moon's light is way too weak to lighten up Hogwarts's outside. Nothing is heard, not a single cry of Daphne. Nothing is heard except for the cicadas chirping in the loudest way possible.

Draco decides to go in direction of the Whomping Willow as he knows Daphne is fascinated by the power it has which portrays such calmness at the same time if you don't fret it. And there she is.

Sitting in the grass, staring at the willow with some blooming on its branches. The moon shines brighter, so it seems at least, on her than it does elsewhere.

"Babe, let's go inside again and we will talk okay?" Draco says carefully as he approaches Daphne. "You're getting a cold, it's freezing outside. You're too drunk to realize it"

"I may be drunk but my mind is clearer than ever, Malfoy" Daphne hisses as Draco tries to help her up. "It took me three fucking potions and a bottle of wine to realize it. But I finally did it!"

"What are you talking about?" Draco yells as he has to be louder than the chirping of the cicadas.

"We're done, Malfoy. I'm breaking up with you. The wedding? Fuck the wedding. I'm going to tell my parents that I am my own woman now. I can marry who the fuck I want. And it's not you" Daphne hisses at him, causing Draco's heart to break a little again. He doesn't even know how many parts of it are still left of it.

"Don't do this, Daphne, please. I love you, okay? I know I fucked up but I can't help it. I can't decide who I am loving, I can't. The love for her will fade after I won't see her again after graduating, I just know it. The love I have for you will take every part of my heart." Draco tries to comfort her as he just can't lose her as well.

"No, Draco. It's my decision and I won't change it. It doesn't matter what you're feeling and what your opinion is on it. All I need in life is myself. And that has to be enough in the end." Daphne responds and seems to be pretty sure about her decision. Sadness and anger mix up inside her as her heart shatters as well.

"Babe-"

"Don't call me that, Draco. As I said we're done. Aren't you happy now?"

"Why should I be?!" Draco yells in anger a little too loud which causes Daphne to raise her eyebrows.

"Now you're free to go to your other girl. Go and get her, fuck her, marry her. I don't care" Daphne yells as new tears roll down her cheeks.

"I don't want her right now, okay? I only want you, please don't leave me" Draco stutters as tears are brewing in his eyes. He reaches out for her arm but she instantly gets rid of his skin on hers.

"Fuck off, Malfoy. There's no place for cheaters in my heart any longer." Daphne hisses and turns around. At a fast pace, she runs towards Hogwarts's doors again, followed by Draco. But she stops immediately as she sees a worried face she doesn't want to see right now at all. The alcohol in her blood starts boiling and heats up her temper.