Never enough.

I know the song I placed above is in German and most of you won't understand it but it's beautiful and so fitting for this chapter. It's basically about the singer wishing to be another girl because her boyfriend always talks about her. It's breaking my heart every time I hear it and maybe you want to give it a try. I LOVE THIS SONG.

-

"Are you okay?" Prim whispers as she touches Daphne's shoulders. When the girl, who is sitting on the common room's floor, turned around and looked at Prim, the tears on her face are shown. One by one, they are falling into her hands which catch the salty liquid as if she lets her fingers run through the ocean's water.

The remaining students who came to the party earlier already left and went to bed. The light is switched off, silence is spreading in the Slytherin's dungeon. Fred was taken to the hospital wing and didn't want Prim to come with him so she stayed and watched how Theo and Draco disappeared with Professor McGonagall.

The only people left are herself and Daphne who blames herself for everything that happened today.

"Yeah, I'm not at all" Daphne whispers and lends Prim a tiny smile "But if you don't mind.. I'd like to be alone"

"Yes, of course," Prim mumbles, sad herself about how the evening ended. Slowly, she heads to the door to go back to her own dorm. She reaches for the knob to open the door when Daphne's broken voice echoes through the common room once more.

"I just think I am not enough, Prim. I am never enough"

"That's not true," Prim says and turns around to Daphne again. "Please, don't say that"

"It is true, don't lie to me just because you pity me"

"Daphne, listen" Prim whispers and sits down on the floor right next to the sobbing girl. "Your value can never be measured by the actions of others. You're so precious, girl."

"I wish I were you instead"

Daphne's words are like a thousand knives slicing Prim's throat open. The pain in her voice is tearing Prim apart, realizing that Daphne really means every word she's saying.

"I wish I were you. I wish Draco would talk the way about me like he does when he talks about you. Every time he looks at you, I wish he'd look at me instead. I wish he'd see me the way, he sees you. Every time you enter the room, I can feel his pulse reacting when he's holding my hand." Daphne cries as she tries so hard not to "I'm not worth it. I never was. I'm not enough. I never was."

Prim's lips part as she wants to say something but her words get stuck in her throat. So she swallows them down once again.

"I tried to ignore it, you know. I really tried. When he said, he loved me, just yesterday again, I thought he meant it. I'm so fucking naive. Clearly, he doesn't love me."

"You don't know that Daphne" Prim says and means it. Who says he doesn't have feelings for Daphne after all when Prim herself managed to develop feelings for Fred as well in the meantime?

"Every time I try to do something right, someone else is better than me, smarter than me, prettier than me. All I want in life is to take my chance and be happy. But every time I try to do so, I'm going to get hurt badly. Really, really badly. And the worst part is.. Draco doesn't even realize what he does to me. He just doesn't get it. He doesn't see how I am trying my best every day to make him happy but in the end, I fail to do so as well. Always, I put on a smile and lie to myself. Telling me he will love me one day but in the end, he still loves you. He tries to pretend you're nothing to him anymore. He always says he's not caring at all about you, he's not thinking of you but he does it every damn time. And I just don't know how I can change myself to stop everything from falling apart. I am scared of losing him since the first time I felt there is something between you and him." Daphne mumbles, playing with her fingers nervously.

Silence once again. Once again, Prim doesn't find the right words to say.

"Do you think he will ever love me, Prim?"

"I can feel that he already does, Daphne"

Short reminder: Prim as Death can feel what Draco feels as twice as hard so when Prim says she knows Draco already loves Daphne, he does. So our boy loves both of them. AND this story is going to end soon. Five more chapters to go-