Chapter 15

"Loss"

The carriages carrying the perished scouts were quiet,the only sounds being made were those of the frequent neighing of the horses.
Most had lost friends,some had lost family.
There was a clear dreary shadow over everyone of the cadets that had returned from the mission.
Some were still recovering after what had happened,some shellshocked,and most depressed.
Depressed that they allowed this to happen,depressed that all their training had been for nothing.
Some were holding onto people barely alive,Mikasa onto Eren,her eyes still widened as she remebered what had happened just a little while ago.
And Krista was holding onto Y/N,his body had stiffened up,he was barely breathing,the bags under his eyes were even more defined now,he looked like he was on the brink.
The 2 warriors sat quietly,they hadn't exchanged a word but still were thinking the same thing.
Why did Y/N do that,why did he jump so quickly and boldly into action,had he fallen for them,for the devils of Paradis.
Their minds raced trying to find explanations,no,he couldn't have,it wasn't like the selfish Y/N that they knew.
He actually risked his life for someone.

Y/N's face felt cold,he could feel his hair waving past as the chilly breeze of Wall Maria overtook him and everyone else.
There was a slight wimpering being heard as Krista clenched onto Y/N's head.
"I'm scared"-She whispered at herself,but everyone heard,after all it was deathly quiet.
"We all are"-Connie quickly shot back at her as she looked up breaking her gaze from Y/N's bruised face.
"Not for me"-Krista added-"For him"-Ymir finished her sentence with quite an annoyed look on her face.

Y/N's breathing became faster and he slowly opened his eyes.
His stomach was burning,his back felt torn and his arms felt limp.
He stared at Krista's chin for a couple of seconds before being thrown into a hug by the blondie.

Annie had woken up in the stohess district and the moment she woke up orders were issued to her.
Apperantely she would have to escort a scout regiment into safety and she was allowed to use her ODM.
She felt really suspicious of the situation,she knew something was up.
She equiped her ring and headed out.

Y/N and the scouts stood still,not even their breaths could be heard.
The only ones absent were Levi and Erwin.
The latter left the scouts on the temporary control of Hange until he was back.
Hange Zoe,she was smart,too smart,just like Armin.
She was intrigued by titans,if only Y/N could tell her...
Everyone's thoughts were dissapated by a flare shooting into the sky,this signaled that Annie knew.
Suddenly light started dancing around the town and everyone braced themselves.

The distant roar of Annie's titan signaled what Y/N had feared the most.
She was revealed.
He put his head on the palms of his hands as the scouts started heading out.
"IDIOTS"-Y/N whispered to himself with anger.
He pulled his hood down and started heading towards Annie.
He was going to kill her...if they questioned her she'd speak.
Y/N's emptiness came back,just like the one he felt when Marcel died,just like the one...
The ground started shaking as Y/N was brought onto reality once more.
He used his ODM to traverse over some roofs and finally he met eyes with her.
She turned around quickly and ran at him through a house smashing the building.
Y/N quickly moved to the left then he landed on the roof of a house running and then jumping,his hook attached to her chest as she tried to grab onto Y/N's torso.
Y/N dug his blades deep into Annie's arms and started running towards her head before quickly jumping off.
"If only you trusted me"-Y/N whispered at her as he attached his hooks to her nape,knowing that she would harden, he quickly unnatached the hook and reatached it onto her jaw.
He flew past her with a lot of speed barely being able to sever a bit of flesh.
The scouts had also joined the fight with a few of the elites making most of the damage.
"Where the fuck is Eren"-Y/N shouted at Armin as he dropped to the ground.
"He can't transform"-Armin muttered as he pointed where Eren was laying under some rubble.
"EREN YOU BASTARD"-Y/N screamed at him-"WAKE THE FUCK UP"
"You made that whole speech about the MP's being cowards yet...look at you"-Y/N scoffed at him-"Get up"
"Fight"
"Fight"
That word ran through Eren's ears as he became numb.

FIGHT

Eren cleanched his teeth and...

In the distance a second light flashed as The MP's questioned Erwin,but Erwin only stared onto the distance.

Y/N was hanging onto Eren's nape.
"Fucking end her"-Y/N swore at Eren.
Y/N jumped off Eren's nape onto a nearby roof and watched as Eren smashed Annie onto the church of the walls.
Eren continued to smash onto Annie severing her arms and beating her to a pulp.

Annie's Titan started racing toward the wall and managed to grab onto the wall as a last resort,oblivious to everyone she had revealed The Colossal Titan buried inside of the wall.
Eren grabbed onto Annie's ankles as he pulled her to the ground and opened her nape.
Y/N was ready to go in for the kill,just in case,but Eren started opening his mouth.
'Shit he would inherit her memories'-Y/N thought to himself but...
Eren stopped...and around Annie quickly the blue substance of crystalization appeared,she closed her eyes and...that was it...a hostage they couldn't question.
Y/N breathed a sigh of relief as he approached Eren who was trying to bite onto the crystal only to find his jaw shattered.

"Buddy it's over,you did good"-Y/N assured Eren as he placed his hand onto his arm.