Chapter 22

"Ripper"

Y/N was resting with his back against the log of a tall tree,its branches high into the dim sky providing a nice shadow for the H/C boy,he was drifting slowly to sleep,the only thing that was keeping him semi awake was Eren's roars in his titanic form,they were testing his endurance by making him transform several times.
Levi,Hange and some of the scouts were looking at Eren's third transformation,his titan was only 10 meters tall and it was stumbling around everywhere,it seemed to not have a consciousness like the prior titan had,it stumbled around until it fell flat on it's stomach.
"So,it's smaller and it dosen't have the consciousness of a human"-Hange mentioned as she wrote down on the notepad that she had been using to monitor their experiments.
"And Eren's scrawny ass is hanging out of the bottom of its nape"-Levi added as he stared at Eren's titan make one more try to get up.
Mikasa which was already full of it rushed down and pulled Eren out of the nape,his face seemingly had fused with the nape of the titan and it didn't even look human anymore.
Mikasa pulled Eren and put him to rest on her back.She started walking towards the cabin to try and put Eren to rest for a while much to Hange's dismay who wanted to test Eren for a fourth transformation,after she had seen what Y/N was capable of she wanted to push Eren to the brink,after all,what dosen't kill him only makes him stronger.
Levi dropped from their vantage point followed by Hange and a couple of scouts.

He started walking towards Y/N who was now sound asleep and was snoring quietly.
"Oi,pissqueak"-Levi called out to him before placing his foot deep into his ribs prompting a scream of pain from Y/N as he got up quickly.
'Sometimes I wish I had gone with Reiner'Y/N thought to himself as he made his way inside of the cabin.
He was walking down the path slowly and hunched,after all he had just woken up,and he did so in the worst way possible.
"Was that neccesary"-Y/N asked Levi as he caugh up with the shorter man.
"In fact ye..."-He cut himself off as both Y/N and him witnessed a woman run up to them.
She stopped in front of them catching her breath before speaking.

"I have news from Erwin"-The woman started saying-"We suspect that Pastor Nick had been murdered by The MP"
"Wow"-Y/N cut in-"The fuck happened while I was asleep"
"Pastor Nick got murdered by someone and The MP were investigating but..."-Hange who had caught up with them told him-"Nifa continue"-She refered to the woman.
"How many of his nails were ripped off"-Levi interjected before Nifa could continue.
"All of them"-Nifa responded to Levi as his eyes widened-"Kenny's calling card"-Levi said under his breath-"A law has been passed,all scout activity has been outlawed"-Nifa told them.
"Shit"-Y/N swore at the ground-"They want Eren and Historia probably"
Nifa nodded at him-"Most likely"
"EVERYONE GRAB YOUR GEAR AND LET'S GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE"

Levi huddled down by the bush which masked their location as The Scouts watched a squad of MP barge into their cabin which they had been in just a few minutes ago.
Y/N scratched his chin as Jean questioned with a terrified tone on his voice-"Would they have ripped our nails off if we had been there"
"Probably,I have a pretty clear idea as to who the enemy is"-Levi told his team as he quickly got up and lead them away-"We move to Trost"
"Why there"-Hange questioned before adding-"Right where the enemy struck for the first time"
"The mess over the murder should be enough for us to slip through"-Levi explained.
"And we can use The ODM gear"-Y/N added.

Slipping through and inside Trost had been surprisingly easy,the district had been in such a big mess that the gate had been left almost completely ungarded,they had planned to use Armin and Jean as body doubles for Historia and Eren,speaking of the two they were placed safely inside of a carriage with a closed top driven by Rashad who had been lent from Hange's squad to Levi,on the rooftops there was a scout which was closely following them using his goggles,and as for Y/N,he was ordered to stay right next to Levi,they didn't want him to pull anything.
As for the rest,they were ordered to walk around the town,all dressed on their wings of freedom coats and their hoods down.
They were making it very obvious as to who they were.

Suddenly down the street came a carriage and with speed both Jean and Armin were kidnapped being thrown on the back of the carriage
The act was done in broad daylight which wasn't a good look for The MP,many civilians had witnessed the kidnapping and now reports would flood of the scouts saving the kidnapped.
Or so they hoped...

The scouts followed from a distance using their ODM,The Kidnappers threw the two into a warehouse not that far from where they had been originally taken.
"They seem to be complete amateurs"-Y/N pondered as The Scouts surrounded the warehouse.
The disguises for Eren and Historia seemed to have worked...maybe a bit too well because now one of The Kidnappers was all over Armin feeling his chest and whispering into his ear.
Jean couldn't do anything but look away as they were tied to opposite sides of the warehouse.
Armin couldn't do anything either but shut his eyes and wait for help.
"Their disguises will be revealed if this keeps up"-Sasha made a good point.
"Eld"-Levi called out to The Veteran-"I'm gonna go and make my way to Eren and Historia,meet me when you take them out"-Levi ordered as he stared at Y/N signaling him to follow.

They traversed the skies of Trost to a couple of streets away where Nifa had been camping out.
As soon as Levi and Y/N landed Nifa gave a reassuring report-"No MP's in sight captain"
"How did the rest of the plan go"-Nifa questioned before getting a clear cut answer from Levi-"It went sloppily"

"Something's...off"-Y/N mentioned as Levi looked at him for a quick moment before asking-"Have any of you ever heard of Kenny The Ripper"

Y/N gasped-"Shit"

And then they heard it,something moving across the tiles of the roof.

"YOOHOOO"-The man screamed as he used his ODM to attach to a chimney and shoot at both Y/N and Nifa.
Y/N's eyes widened as Nifa's head burst open as a bullet pierced through her brain making her matter splatter all across the roof.
Y/N had barely dodged,evading certain death.
"THIS GUY IS THE KING'S HITMAN"-Y/N shouted at Levi as both of them swiftly hid behind the chimney's.
"Why the fuck didn't you say anything"-Levi questioned him before he shook the question off.

"Oi,Levi,have you grown at all,or are you still a damned runt"-Kenny asked Levi as both him and Y/N heard him reload.
"Levi move out"-Y/N called out to him before throwing his coat on the ground prompting a shot from their assailant.
"Damn smartass"-Kenny called out before witnessing Y/N emerge from his hiding position.
Kenny took another shot which grazed past Y/N's ear making a wooshing noise.
"Bastard"-Levi called out before trying to stab Kenny on his chest,but he couldn't quite pierce through The Killer's armour.
Kenny broke free and used his Vertical Directional Movement Gear to get out before quickly reloading.
"Scatter now"-Levi ordered and Y/N followed quickly.
"I thought you'd have grown"-Kenny muttered out as he gave chase to both Y/N and Levi.
"But nah,you still the same brat as when I saved you that day"-Kenny shouted at Levi before shooting at both of Y/N and Levi.

"And I thought you weren't such good buds with The MP"-Levi called out to him as he evaded a bullet by sliding under a carriage,The ODM scraping past the ground.
Kenny aimed at Levi's head but his attention was diverged as he stared at
Y/N,who attached to a roof before quickly jumping off and attaching to Kenny's shoulder using him almost like a pole with his ODM
"Oi,you bastard get off me"-Kenny shouted at him.
Y/N kneed Kenny making the man drop to the ground at great speeds before quickly moving away past him and making his way past many roofs before...

A deafening shot was heard and Y/N's head split open.

A Kenny with a bloodied up face hung onto the roof with one hand and the other he had the gun which he had  used to shoot him...