Chapter 21

"Afinity"

Y/N and by line the rest of the scouts didn't expect the next day to start like it did,they were cleaning the cabin by Captian Levi's orders.
"Why do we have to clean while the guy is out there having fun"-Jean asked with an annoyed tone in his voice.
"It's not fun,Him and Hange's teams are currently clearing the perimeter so your sorry asses won't die"- Y/N responded while he cleaned the table off some dust.
"We're not in Titan territory so what are they even protecting us from"-Jean asked as he handed a bucket of water to Connie who was dusting off the walls.
"There's one thing worse than Titans"-Y/N told them as he helped Eren and Historia clean the chairs-"And that's humans"
"The MP"-Eren asked as Y/N nodded in agreeance.
Eren and by extension Mikasa had resented Y/N after what he had done during the experiment.
Eren had mostly gotten over it but Mikasa had still tried to attack Y/N but to her dismay Levi stopped her before she could deal any major damage.
They had waited until late for the teams to return and continue with more experiments but by the time they had made it back it was dark and everyone was extremely tired,especially Y/N who had never really had to do anything so mundane before,he never even had to make his bed back in Marley,they had people who would do that,but here,he was equal to them.

As the new day had started shining over the cabin everyone was waken up by a loud scream-"You usseles brats"
It was a familiar voice,everyone started lazily gathering into the living room,the only one which was remotely dressed in something that wasn't sleeping gowns was Y/N.
"What the hell is this"-Levi shouted at them as he pointed at a bunch of dirt marks.
"Dirt marks"-Armin pointed the obvious.
"Clean the entire thing again"-Levi ordered as everyone sighed in desperation.
"But do we have to"-Sasha asked as Levi gave her a stare with mourderous intent.
"Fine"-Sasha said quickly backing off.
He split them into teams with Hange overlooking the cleaning and Levi overlooking the perimiter and also the team which was out collecting supplies.

"Will we ever get a break"-Connie asked as he started cleaning the entrence of the dirt.
People started talking in the blackground.
Everyone was throwing jokes at each other and even poking fun at Levi.
Everyone but Y/N and Historia.
Y/N was throwing her quick stares wondering,they had barely even talked ever since Y/N had showed them his titanic form.
Neither of them spoke up until they were almost done cleaning the floor together-"Uhm"-Y/N said as he coughed in his hand-"Can I talk to you Historia"
The blonde girl looked up and met his eyes before forcing a smile onto her face.
"Sure"-Historia told him as they moved out of the living room together.
They moved into Y/N's room and Historia made her way onto Y/N's bed.
Y/N pulled a chair and sat across from Historia.
"So"-Historia spoke up-"What did you wanna say"
"I'm sorry"-Y/N responded,it felt like he was swallowing a brick whenever he spoke.
"I'm sorry too"-Historia told him,the same feeling overcoming her too,they had both betrayed the trust of one another,they had lied about who they were,although only one of them was a mass murderer.
"I got to hear your story"-Historia referred to Levi as he had told them about who Y/N actually was,to some extent.
"Now it's your turn to listen"
"I was born in a small farm somewhere close to the northern lands of Wall Maria,for as long as I've known it was owned by The Reiss family,I used to work hard,the sun grazing past my eyes every day"-Historia remenisced-"My mother was a beautiful woman,all she did was sit under a tree and read a book,she was the prettiest woman I've ever seen,late at night she would leave only to return in the morning,she never took me anywhere,most of the time I felt like I didn't even exist,she only acknowledged my existence once,I had picked up reading and writing while I was at the farm and in all the stories...parents loved their children,hugged them,played with them,cherished them,so one day,I jumped on her trying to hug her but she only shoved me away"-Historia continued,obviously the treatment from her mother being engraved onto her mind-"And then"-She continued-"About 5 years ago,I finally met my father,behind him stood my mother and this woman,her hair was long and black and she rivaled even my mother with how beautiful she looked,I was happy to finally meet my real family,but then..."-She stuttered-"These men came and...they slit my mother's throat in front of me"-Her eyes started overflowing with tears-"And they put the knife up to my throat but that woman...she saved me...proposed that I change my identity and that's how Krista Lenz was born"
Historia finished and wiped her tears,Y/N looked to his feet and then to her face.
Suddenly Historia's entire body stopped moving as something grabbed onto it.
Her face collided with someone else's.
Y/N pulled her into a kiss,he put his hand behind her head pushing her even closer.
She eventually accepted it and put her hands on his neck melting them together.
After a couple of seconds they broke apart.
"Sorry"-Y/N apologized as Historia looked broken.
"I should hate you"-Historia said as she got off him and sat back on his bed-"But the only ones who ever gave my life meaning were you and Ymir"
"With her gone and you being who you are"-Historia continued-"I have no more meaning in life"
"Historia"
"I'll never leave you"-Y/N told her before interlocking fingers with her.
Historia pulled back reluctantly-"Ymir"
"She's gone"-Y/N told her-"Reiner told her something to make her join them"
"She'll return"-Historia disagreed with her head-"Once they get to Marley her titan and her life will be taken from her"
"No"-Historia refused-"Historia"-Y/N told her-"Reiner lied,we all lied"

"Okay you loverbirds"-Hange said as she opened the door to the room they were in-"It's time Y/N"
Y/N nodded and started going outside.

Eren stood in front of Y/N as they stared at each other.
Hange ordered both of them to transform and they did with Eren biting his hand and Y/N stabbing through his hand.
They both emerged in Titanic forms as Hange ordered Eren to break a hole into the mountainside.
Eren started punching as Y/N was informed by Hange over what he was going to do,easy,plug the hole.
Y/N's titan fell on the ground as Y/N emerged from it's nape.
"Why did you go out of your Titan"-Hange asked as Y/N ripped the muscles of his titan off his face-"I'm gonna try something"

Hange seemed intrigued as Eren finished punching the hole.
"Okay let's see"-Hange excitedly ordered him.
He approached the hole in his human form before screaming out to Hange-"Throw me a knife"
She chucked it at him and he grabbed it before slitting his hand.
The same show of lights as always happened but this time...there wasn't a titan.
Instead the hole had been plugged up by a Y/N in his human form-"How did you"
"It's called a partial Titan"-Y/N answered quickly-"I just wanted to see if it would plug a hole this big"

The scout's mood had been raised exponentially,they had the ability to reclaim land from The Titans.
But there was a glaring problem.

Could they trust Y/N...