Chapter 19

"Free"

The walls of the jail cell were damp,riddeled with a cold atmosphere,the only furniture was a hard metallic bed and on top of it lay a malnourished boy,his shirt sweaty not having been changed in the two weeks he was imprisoned.
They had put a cloth over the frail boy's eyes covering them,he hadn't seen light in days,they had tied his hands so he couldn't self harm in any way and just dropped him in that jail cell,they would feed him scarcely,almost like he was an afterthought on The Scout's damned mind,despite him being the one to save Eren.
He remebered what had happened that day.
Eren flailing off his back as Reiner made a run for it,Y/N's mind running laps over wether he wanted to stop Reiner or to let him go,and he decided on the latter.
Despite The Tall Eldian Blonde being a stubborn piece of shit,Y/N still cared about him.
He remebered how he emerged from his Titan's frame.
The muscle pulling at his cheeks,going high up almost until his eyes,he remebered Krista,no,Historia's look of sorrow.
He knew this would happen,he knew that one day,he would have to betray them,and he prepared himself mentally for that.
He remebered Jean punching him in his right cheek,fracturing a cheekbone.

He remebered...

Y/N's path of thought was distrupted as the sound of clancking filled the cell bouncing off the walls.
Y/N heard his cell's door open and then close,footsteps approaching him slowly.
"Y/N"-A voice spoke to him.
Y/N didn't know who he was,he recognized him but...
"C-could I ask you a question"-The voice stuttered-"I feel bad,they should stop torturing you like this"
A smile was plastered onto Y/N's face as he spoke-"Armin"-He continued-"Thank god it's you"
"W-what do you mean"-Armin questioned.
"Armin,could I please see you"-Y/N requested as he put himself in a sitting position with his back against the walls of the jail cell,the freezing temperatures sending a shiver down Y/N's spine.
Y/N's eyes burned as light shone down upon them,it was a dim light,but he had been in darkness for so long that it seemed like he was staring at the sun.
Armin held a metallic tray of food and he was staring at it with very fatigued eyes.
"Eren told us that you said that we were paradis and the last bastion of real humans"-Armin enquired as he looked up to meet Y/N's eyesight.
Y/N's eyes had finally been regulated with the light as he slid closer to Armin.
"Armin"-He said the boy's name once more.
Armin stared at his eyes for a moment before realizing that Y/N had made a dive,slicing his forehead with the metallic tray of food.
It caused a loud thud and then some crashing sounds as the gates of the jail cell were completely closed with the white substance that had appeared when Y/N was fighting Reiner.
Y/N seemed to be free from his constraints as he sat down on the surface of the floor.
His forhead went up in smoke as it heald itself almost instantely.
"I think only you would understand"-Y/N told Armin as the latter took a seat across from the former.

"Commander Erwin"-Armin's voice worryingly screamed as he ran through the halls of the hospital the commander was being held in.
"Oi brat"-Someone hushed at Armin squeezing his arm.
Captian Levi had appeared from the door.
"Please understan-"-Armin was going to say before Levi's arm was thrown away from someone.
Levi was shocked,for the first time in his life,as he stared at Y/N's cold eyes-"Let him explain"-A chilling voice came from Y/N.
His hair had become long,peering just under his shoulders.
Levi was preparing to throw a punch back at Y/N who was standing still before Erwin's warm voice spoke from inside the room-"Levi let them in"

Armin was the first to walk in,then Levi and finally Y/N.
"Ah,I see you've made your way out of your cell,we figured it was only a matter of time"
Y/N stared coldly at Erwin.
"One wrong move and I'll cut you"-Levi threatend him.
Y/N approached Erwin's bed,seeing the blonde man missing an arm.
"I'm sorry to see that,you were a great leader"-Y/N told Erwin forcing a smile onto the blonde man's face.
"Thank you,but at this point im not fit to lead"-Erwin responded back to Y/N.
"You are not the last of humanity,there are humans beyond these walls and what you call your world is an island next to a massive continent,your island is called Paradis"-Y/N began explaining without blinking-"The Continent next to Paradis is owned by the singular country of Marley,your and my worst enemy"
"We are a race,Eldians"-Y/N continued saying without blinking at Erwin-"We are special from other races because we can turn into giant humanoids that we know as titans"
Y/N proceeded to explain the basics of his world,from steam power to politics to social landscapes and after twenty minutes he finished.
Having presented to the people present in that room the truth.
Hange who had been lurking in the shadow appeared and asked the question running through everyone's mind-"How do we not know you aren't lying"
Y/N pulled out his hand showing that he had cut it prior to this,the blood slowly dripping down his palm and even spilling onto the ground.
"You don't"-Y/N responded to Hange as his hand healed immediately.