Chapter 3

"Jaws"

"Dumbass"-I heard Annie's cold voice say.
My jaw felt swelled and it hurt,I slowly opened my eyes to see Annie on top of me.
She was staring at me with those cold eyes of hers.
The moment I opened my eyes my body started spewing out smoke as I regenerated.
I liked the feeling...of blood in my mouth.
I liked it...I wanted Marcel to rip my body apart,well not anymore,but when we had that little scrap.
"We are about to arrive"-Annie said as she headed for the door,she walked slowly,almost excepting me to say something.
But I didn't really care.

An hour passed and I slowly got up.
I had felt the ship being stationary for a few minutes.
They were waiting for me to come outside.
I walked on the creaky wood floor slowly and opened the door.
I saw Marcel's face still busted up.
And everyone else was lined up.
I got in the line slowly.
Reiner to my left and Marcel to my right.
They were explaining the plan but again,I wasn't listening.
The only thing I cared about was the founder.
And stealing its power.
We disembarked the ship slowly and Marcel looked at me with death in his eyes.
I didn't care.
The Commander asked us if we knew what we were meant to do and I nodded again.
We started walking as the boat started blowing off steam as it sailed away.
On the other side of this big sea was Marley,and...Willy.
I stared at the ship as the rest of the team started walking on the vast fields of Paradis.
The Walls were a few days away on feet.
"Hey,Tiber,you wanna stare at the sea or you wanna come with us"-I heard Marcel's voice say behind me.
"Yeah"-I said coldly as I ran to catch up with the rest of the team.
We walked without a word for about an hour when finally-"You guys wanna race"
Reiner annoyingly said.
He was the weakest one out of all of us,yet he still wanted competition,he still wanted to lose.
He was interesting,he was the hardest to read out of all of them.
Bertholdt started running after Reiner and me,Annie and Marcel were the only ones left.

"I'm sorry...about yesterday"-Marcel said with an actually sincere voice,he surprised me for once.
"Me too"-I said to him sincerely too-"I acted out"-I commented as I looked at the ground,I don't know if I was shameful of what I did,or maybe I was proud.
"Now kiss"-Annie said with a small hint of laughter in her voice,this was the first time I ever noticed her showing emotion.
I laughed,and so did Marcel as he scratched his head.
"Do you want to catch up with them"-Marcel asked and I chuckled starting to sprint,I heard Annie and Marcel follow me.
We caught up with Reiner and Betholdt who had sat down in the shadow of a tree when they had gotten tired.
And we sat with them.
I pulled out some water from my backpack and chugged down.
"Who's gonna take the first turn"-Marcel asked everyone as he ate something.
"What"-I asked surprised,it's probably something that the commander told us but I couldn't be asked to listen.
Marcel explained with an annoyed tone on his voice that someone was gonna turn into a titan so that we could cover more distance.
It made sense,I guess.
"I'll go first"-I said as I got up on my feet-"Whenever you guys are ready"
They all got up slowly after me.

I pulled out the knife from my belt and slashed my hand.
The blood splattered on the ground as I willed myself into the Warhammer Titan.
The silky smooth white skin wrapped around me as I climbed 15 meters high.
I looked around and saw the rest of the team.
I put my hand down and let the rest climb on to my shoulder.
I started running as a couple of titans appeared from the left.
I pointed my hand at them and hardened it into a spike which struck through the titans chest,then I pulled my hand up and cut the titan in half including its nape.
Then the other one I just outran.
With every step I took the ground shook.
After about 2 hours of constant running
I climbed past a small hill and finally...The Wall.
It was visble.
Maybe some 400-500 kilometers away.

I pulled myself out of the thick flesh of my titan and dropped to the ground.
I sat down as my titan eroded beside me.
"Can we rest for a bit"-I asked as everyone sat down.
"This island is beautiful"-Marcel commented as I closed my eyes and backed myself into a tree.
It was calming.
Marcel and Reiner were talking in the background as my body drifted to sleep.

"AHHHH"
'What the fuck' I thought to myslef as I heard Reiner scream in horror.
A titan.
I jumped up from my spot and ran towards Reiner.
"Reiner jump out of the way"-I shouted at him.
Bertholdt and Annie were stunned in place.
Just like Reiner.
I saw The Titan pull its hand up and slowly motion towards grabbing Reiner.
Suddenly...
Marcel pushes Reiner out of the way as The Titan yanks him out of the ground.
I heard a small crunch as The Titan's tight grip crushed Marcel's hips.
He screamed in pain as The Titan got Marcel closer to its mouth.
I searched for my knife from my belt but it wasn't there.
"Dammit"-I shouted at myself as I bit my hand.
Only blood...
Again...
Only blood...
"Dammit"-I said as I started sobbing.
I kept biting a lot of muscle tissue off.
Marcel's screams became completely deafened as I kneeled to the ground.
Only a small part of Marcel's body was left.
His blood spewed on top of me as The Titan consumed him.
I teared up as The Titan in front of me dropped to the ground with a loud thud blowing a lot of the dust surrounding it.
"Marcel..."-I sobbed his name.
My hand started regenerating itself as I realised something,maybe Marley was right...maybe we were really devils,this was horror,this was...us...Eldians...