Stormy.

。ₓ ू ₒ ु ˚ ू ₒ ु ₓ。
Y/N POV
______

I woke up to the sound of a lightning bolt. I jerk up and look around, like how kids do when they have a bad dream. I relaxed a little knowing my surroundings. I was still on the couch in tubbo's house. I move the covers, looking for my phone. I grab it and unlock it to check the time, 7:47 am. I sigh and lay back down, pulling the blanket over my head. I was never a fan of storms. I was always scared of them and when one rolled in, wilbur was always there. I decide to hurry and stand up, quietly sneaking upstairs. I open tubbo's door just a little, seeing him still there asleep.

I open it and slide myself in, going to my bag. I open the zipper and pull out my headphones, then heading out, closing his door behind me. I sneak back downstairs and the kitchen light is on. I didnt turn it on? It must be one of tubbo's parents. I try to play it off and act like i was tired, going back to the couch and sitting down. Yeah that didnt work well. "Y/n? why are you awake this early?" A girls voice called from the kitchen. Tubbo's mum. "Oh, well um..i couldnt really sleep." I lied. "Why's that? Do you need any sleeping meds?" She said going over to the couch and sitting down next to me, sipping her cup of coffee.

"No its just, um, the storm. Ive been afraid for storms my whole life and i just got my headphones so i should be fine.." I mumbled, showing her the hand that held my headphones. She nodded and got back up. "I need to go to work now, if you need anything , here" She wrote something on a notepad and gave it to me. "Heres my number, if you still feel scared and tubbo's asleep just call me okay?" She smiled. "Thank you so much i will" I smile and type the phone number into my phone. Tubbo's mum walked out the front door and left. I plugged my headphones in and turned on my comfort playlist.

-NOW PLAYING- THIS SIDE OF PARADISE BY CYOTE THEORY-

I smile as the upbeat rhythm fills my eardrums. I turn it up to blast out all the lightning and thunder, and even wind. I hummed along to the lyrics, as i layed back down, covering myself up. I listened until the song faded, as a huge lightning bolt hit right next to the house, knocking the power out. I jump up in fear, and hid under the blanket. I play a different song, Comethru by jeremy zucker and turned it all the way up, as i tried my best to calm down. It wasnt working all that well. I peeked through the blanket, and turned my flashlight on, getting up. I kept the music on blast and walked to the kitchen, where i filled a glass with water.

I sat at the island table and set the glass down, turning on my phone. I turned the flashlight off and scrolled through twitter.  I was halfway done with the glass of water until i heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I waited until i saw a figure, a shadow. I turned my flashlight on. "y/n? why are you awake?" tubbo said, rubbing his eyes. I let out a sigh, and as i started to speak another big lightning bolt rolled in. I jumped and put my hands up to my face. Welp, now tubbo knows how big of a wimp i am. "Are you scared of the storm?" He asked. I put my hands down and nodded slowly, frowning. He walked up to me and gave me a hug.

I didn't have time to react, i hugged him back immediately. We stayed there for a little while until i spoke up. "Why are you awake?" I said and tubbo pulled away. "The huge lightning bolt scared me awake from the loud noise and you weren't there wit- anyway i went to look for you." Tubbo cut himself off. I didn't really think much of it. Maybe he's that tired he slipped up his words? "Anyway since we're both up do you wanna go back upstairs and find something to do?" He suggested and i nodded. I got up and put the glass in the sink and followed him upstairs. I went inside his room first and laid down on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

He sat down next to me, and eventually laid down, so we were both on our backs staring at the ceiling. Then i had an idea. I nudged him in the arm and he looked at me, then i handed him a headphone. "What do you want to listen to? You got the first pick" I said and smiled. I opened my phone and went to Spotify, then handed tubbo my phone. He typed something in and played it, i listen as the beat flowed through my ear, as well as tubbo's.

NOW PLAYING- Dream girl by Crisaunt

I looked at him and he looked at me, We both smiled. I looked back at the ceiling, getting lost in my own thoughts. Tubbo has a good music taste, I wonder if it means anything? My train of thought broke by another lightning bolt. I flinched, facing towards tubbo, digging my face into his arm. He laughed a little and lifted his arm, pulling me closer. I still had my face dug into his chest and he played with my hair. I slowly calmed down, feeling drowsy. The part of the song came and i felt tubbo's body vibrate as i heard him humming along to the lyric..."Your my dream girl~"

And that was all i heard before i fell asleep, into a very deep sleep. I felt safe..Ive always felt safe when i was with tubbo...Do i like him?...

___________

HELLO LOVES<3 I HOPED YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER! i based it off of my own fear. Yes i am in fact afraid of storms pls don't make fun of me</3

anyway if u like pls consider voting it would help out a lot!

take care ily!

1057 words