___'s perfect world

prompt— they are asked what was one thing they could take back in their life, their most painful memory, their biggest regret and they get to see their life if it had gone the way they wanted it to.

dove

"Good morning sweetie." The light disrupted her black heaven of sleep, erasing her night's sleep. A groan escaped her lips as she curled up in a ball and rubbed her eyes. "Come on, Abbie and Trent are already ready downstairs." The sweetest voice was closer this time as her bed dipped down and her duvet was being slowly pulled off her body.

"Can't I just skip school? My meet lasted so long last night. I hardly got any sleep." Dove moaned as she blinked her eyes open slowly. Her mother's heart shaped face came into view, those soft emerald eyes smiling back at her as the slightly callused hand brushed her hair off her slightly damp skin thanks to the puddle of drool that laid on her pillow.

"Your father would never accept it. You are a Junior this year! Meaning scouts are finally going to be looking to seriously recruit you." Her mother said softly as she got off her bed earning a groan from her daughter who hid under her pillow. "Come on DJ, Abbie will leave you to walk again. Maybe you can catch a ride with Trent as Troye-"

"No god no! Those two idiots will kill me!" Dove jumped up and ran into her bathroom, her mother chuckled as she left the room and closed the door. After Dove pulled up her typical everyday outfit, basic joggers and a fitted top, she pulled her hair into a ponytail as she hopped down the stairs, attempting to pull on her shoes.

"Hey no no." A tall figure stopped her from grabbing her jacket and backpack and running out of the household. Dove groaned and craned her neck up to see her father's warm, eyes and jovial smile, slightly shaking the protein shake in her face. She was forever grateful her father made these shakes and smoothies for her but some of them just tasted nasty. "Your shake of the day and I packed your lunch. Can't have my star athlete, not getting the proper nutrition."

Dove groaned and grabbed the shake and the black lunch bag. "Oii! I am gonna be better than her! I mean Troye and I have been practicing football like crazy." Trent declared from the kitchen table as His best friends agrees loudly with a mouthful of food.

"Yeah sure, once you can take two strides without breaking your ankles, you might surpass Dove." Abbie scoffed as she stole a bite of Troye's food. "Ready to go, Dove? I wanted to get to the auditorium before the rest of the show choir kids. Practice my solos with the director-"

"We GET IT! YOU CAN SING!" Trent complained as he threw his arms in the air. Abbie glared down at her brother and flipped him the bird, earning a loud and over dramatic gasp. "Oh Abbie that is so rude! Flipping me off, ME! An innocent and young fifteen year old boy! No no you did that in front of TWO young and innocent-"

A bagel soon was shoved down his throat and he looked up to see the green eyes of his other older sister. "Cram it, Trent." Dove declared before she lazily looked over at the other boy who gave her a big smile and a wave. Oh boy that golden retriever like boy, she gave him a smile and waved again.

"Wow Dove is so nice did you see her wave at me? Colby is gonna be so jealous." Troye sighed dreamily making Dove smile even larger as she smacked the back of Trent's head before joining her twin's side.

"Okay that's enough kids. Trent only has six out of his nine lives left. And choking on a bagel isn't on his ways to die." Their father teased as he sipped his coffee. "I think his next way of dying is extreme couponing."