AU (tw)

The med bay was too small for the boy. There wasn't enough room for him to walk, as he paced a brand new indentation in the white linoleum flooring. The smell of Lysol and latex filled his nose. He honestly can't sit still, the bright white lights hurt his head. His boots squeaked against the glossy floor.

He was pissed with himself, he was mad at the world. Why give him this power, this strength, this ability to almost do anything he sets his mind too. If he can't even save the only person he's ever cared about? What was point of being this big super star, famous for being unbeatable if the one time he actually needed to win, he lost his entire world.

The image of her taking the knife for him. He was going to catch it, he has a plan. He could execute it, he's done this a million and one times before. She normally knew that, yet she stepped in front of the knife. Her white blouse immediately blossoming a white flower on it. The world going in slow motions as she fell to the earth, like an angel. His hands shaking for the first time as he caught her falling to the ground supporting her.

Her own blood spewing from her mouth, staining his tan hands. For once he feared the thing he loved. Blood, her blood wasn't suppose to be shown it was like a precious liquid that is suppose to stay in its vessel. He never wanted to see her blood. He's killed thousands yet this is one person Death wasn't allowed to take from him.

'No.' His voice shook as tears filled his eyes, looking down at her decaying body. She couldn't even hush his demon's one last time as she choked on her own blood. 'Dottie.' The scene played over and over again with each lap he took in that small hallway in between the house and the medical area. The voices getting louder and louder. Memories of her smile, her laugh, her flashed like the most beautiful horror movie he's ever seen.

"Dagger you need to calm down." Reign whispered as she was sick of seeing her brother who never has been so quiet, so serious in his entire life. He looked over at her, his multi colored eyes were no longer bright, they were stone cold, dark, hopeless. They no longer held Dagger anymore.

"Do-Don't tell me to calm down. I won't calm down until she is right besides me again." Dagger snapped as he continued his pacing. His hands shaking as he struggled to keep the voices at bay and fight off the angels that were slowly turning into demons. The last of his light was slipping away into the darkness. And he had no control over it, he wasn't good enough to stop it.

Of all the times, he had to succeed he failed. He failed and now he's lost everything. "Hey kid, look now is not the time to lose it." Alec declared gripping the youngest King's shoulder. That was his fatal mistake as his back made a nice crater in the concrete walls.

"I am already fucking loosing everything I have! She's all I have, and she's dying on a operating table surrounded by people she doesn't even know! We all know she's dead, she's not coming back alive. I am not fucking stupid." He shouted as he finally stopped pacing and looked to every body in that crowded hallway.

All friends and family of Dottie, yet none are friends and family of her. She was the heart of this damn family, she was his heart and now she wasn't coming back. Dottie is dead and now everything that held Dagger down was ripped away from him. Now he was free falling in his dark mind, with no light to guide his way.

He looked at those double doors, the blood of his heart stained the floor, stained his hands. No matter how clean they were, how hard he scrubbed, her blood forever was on his hands, haunting him, driving him to the edge. Reminding him that she could of lived if it weren't for him. That she could still be here smiling, laughing, I'd he had left her, if he had never been born. He was selfish with his light and now because of his selfishness.

That light was gone. No one will ever see the star that was Dottie Lilac King. She will never be able to share her light again. All because he couldn't protect her. He stayed up, for weeks, sleep wasn't available to him. Not when he knew the room beside him sat vacant. Her constant pestering was finally put to a stop yet he couldn't function properly anymore without her annoying random nose boops or slaps on the back of the head.

He couldn't eat when he knew that she would of really enjoyed it, probably even steal it. Or she would judge him on his taste. He couldn't even leave the house as her ghost followed her everywhere. All of his demons took on her face and tormented him. He couldn't look at himself anymore without seeing her blood covering his body. His eyes aren't his any more as the rare trait was one he shared with his twin. They were her eyes staring back at him with a dead stare.

He couldn't function anymore, he couldn't do anything anymore without his twin. Without his little Dot. His bug. His everything. So as he stared down at the gun in his hand, her name so elegantly carved on it. The first smile of months of numbness, hurt his face as he remembered giving this as a present to her on her 17th birthday. "I am so sorry it took me so long to join you." He whispered as he clicked the little red button to the left. "But I am done with being selfish. I hope you can forgive me."

With a content smile on his face he looked out at the setting sun. It was the perfect spot to watch it go down. Dottie and Dagger would come up to the roof to watch it as much as they could. It was their favorite place. His eyes traveled to her little nest she made of blankets and pillows. His free hand travels to her favorite blanket and tangled his fingers into its soft fabric. Taking in the perfect night before his let the darkness finally devour him.