Prompt 14

The snow crunching her feet oddly comforted her in this foreign land

The snow crunching her feet oddly comforted her in this foreign land. The bitter breeze of Scotland reminded her of her home. Her true home that she misses more than anything. Yet she had lost that sense of comfort quickly as she ran through the blood stained ground. Her heart was beating in her chest as she saw her team getting corned down by the fire fight.

Her gun in her hand felt heavier as she noticed that he wasn't even trying to cover himself anymore. Trying to keep his friend alive. He was going to die. The idiot. Over a fallen comrade. She made sure she throughly understood what the risk of this type of mission. That death would hover over them awaiting to whisk them away. Infiltrating the enemies base is almost never successful. It's below the 50 percentile for a full success. They went into this with outdated floor plans, no head count and three people.

He shouldn't be surprised when his friend went down. He was a fool for dropping the whole mission for a soon to be dead body.  Then again here she was doing the same. She slide behind their cover knowing she just blew every chance of running and at least securing one person to brief everyone back at the mansion. "What the hell are you doing Harris, you are backed into a corner. We need to get out of here." She harshly declared grabbing his sleeve.

The man hastily brushed her off and continued to try and calm his friend. Kingsley forced herself to look at the scene. Camden was darted, it obviously was laced with poison as his limp body was convulsing. He was dying, and it was not fast death. They purposely gave a head kid a slow and painful death. Something Trikru would of done to her siblings. "We can't leave him. I promised to be his right hand. We have to save him." Harris' voice sounded so broken she visibly softened.

She doesn't know if it was her interest in Harris or the nature of Camden's attack but she went against her training. Her parents would of shunned her for risking the mission for one stupid idiot that got himself shot. Yet here she was flipping Camden on his side. "Give me your pen." She stated as she ripped the dying boy's shirt revealing his rib cage. Counting the ribs before she lands right in between the third and second.

Harris handed her a standard pen and she dismantled it before stabbing it into the boy spewing out the red fluid that was drowning his lungs. The boy started to breath once again. "In my pack I have the stabilizer vial. It should keep him alive until we get him back to find out what they laced that dart with." She spoke calmly as she looked up from the boy and over to Harris who pulled her into a hug.

"You saved him. Thank you. Thank you." He cried as if the fight was over. Like bullets weren't still embedding themselves in the wall behind them. As if his friend was cured. She let him hug her for a second before pushing him off.

"Look... just stay with him. Don't die I can handle everyone else." She said as she looked out on who was left. Ten men between her and the bag with the stabilizer. Of course she had to put down the bag. Should of kept it on her back the entire time. She could handle a few extra pounds. She just didn't want the files that she's stolen to become Swiss cheese.