Prompt #2

Prompt :: marrying your best friend
Oc ::  Joey Kozlovsky

" We were best friends. Not at first. I'm pretty sure I annoyed you a lot. We met at two very different times in each other's lives. You were in love and I was lost. But... when I saw you for the first time. Something washed over me. Something that made me feel like I was okay. "

"I have never been one to let anyone get close. That was never my job to be the personable twin. My job was to be the perfect daughter and be loud and funny so people would never ask me why I was holding back tears. But for some odd reason I let you in. And I'm so glad. Glad... doesn't even describe what I feel when I look back on everything."

"I don't think there is a human emotion to what I feel when I look at you and I will spend the rest of my life searching for the words to match what I feel when I look up and see your goofy smile. I would do anything to see that smile. Whether that was making a complete fool of myself on one of our late nights shopping spree in the Walmart or kissing you until you finally gave in."

"There are only a few people I would save over myself in a fire. And you are on the top of that list. Sorry Ry."

"So I could of come up here and promised you the basic through sickness and health and all that classy stuff. But I have never been one to follow tradition. So instead I will say I will be sitting on the opposite side of the bed to you while you are yacking out your lungs and tell you you are doing great sweetie. And I will make sure to be the biggest fan cheering you on at all you big gigs and put those 12 year old girls to shame."

"I will make sure when ever you are down you are reminded that you are Dakota Marlo and you are married to Joey Marlo which means you gotta get through this because our death pack means that you die when I die and I ain't dying anytime soon."

"I will stand up here and tell you that I will still shamelessly hit on people with you and rate Becky behind the counter a solid 6. I will promise that everytime we go to the beach to make sure even if you are flabby and wrinkly you still are one hot son of a bitch."

"I promise that even after death we will turn that graveyard into a rave yard because our souls will never die. I promise that one day I will get through a conversation with Alexander without making fun of him in some form."

"I promised maybe one day I will stop calling Dillion Baby. So that name one day will only be yours. But I mean Daddy suits you better anyways but that's opinions."

"I can stand up here all day but we have a reception to get too and drinks that need to be drunk and horrible bops from the early 2000s to dance too. But I'm really up here promising something that I promised from the moment I met you. That this face was gonna be the one you see for the rest of your life and that we were gonna be besties."

"Because that's truly all that I ever wanted. Was a best friend that knows me for me. And that is you Dakota Reese Marlo. And if you thought you were stuck with me before you have no idea how our honey moon is gonna be."