Prompt #7

Prompt :: Eventually. you learn that monsters have nightmares, too.
OCs :: Skylar Lockhart and Mattie Duncan

"You and Skylar had fun last night? Heard a lot of muffled shit and some banging? Finally bag the boss man?" Her best friend sat next to her at the table placing her plate down and shoving eggs into his mouth.

Mattie sat in silence her face not showing that anything good on her face. " Shut up Mikey. Seriously just shut up." She harshly said as she tinkered with her little contraption in from of her.

The boy paused mid bite and looked over to her. He harshly swallowed his food. "You wake up on the wrong side of the boss' bed." He stated as he loaded up his fork again.

Mattie peeled her eyes away from Her work to glare at the boy. "You are fucking disgusting." She said as she gathered her stuff and got up leaving her food untouched.

Her night was anything but fantastic.

She laid in bed with him. Nothing special they have been doing this since they were kids but tonight... it was different. One minute they were sleeping and the next his hands were around her throat.

Her eyes went wide as her blue eyes matched with his unnatural black eyes. She tried to hit him awake her nails clawing at him trying to gasp for her life but he didn't wake up.

Emily has charged into the room and pulled her brother off of the poor girl. She scrambled to get up her hand going to her throat as her lungs desperately filled up with air.

"Wh-what." Skylar said as he seemed to finally wake up. He looked over to the girl that had her knees up to her chest. A bright red line that was already starting to bruise up. Her breathing was erratic.

"You had a nightmare Sky. You are okay. Everyone is okay" emily said even she had worked herself up as she pressed her brother's head against her chest. "You're okay." She said with a relived tone. She made it before something bad could really happen.

And as Emily brushed her brother's hair back trying to soothe him the girl that was sitting on the bed only looked at the boy who was muttering sorries under his breath.

She didn't think anything could truly scare the boy. But something did and now she had to figure out what that was.

And destroy it so her best friend can't be afraid anymore.