3. Battle at the River court

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to a historic night of Basketball. I'm mouth McFadden along with my gaming partner Jimmy Edwards  and Jimmy, we're in for a treat tonight"

"I don't get it" Isabelle stood by the side of the basketball field with her arms crossed over her chest, Brody rolled his eyes as he stood next to her.

"Of course you don't. This is gonna be so epic" She scuffed at the excited smile on her brother's face. She watched Lucas practicing while Nathan hadn't shown up yet, but she had gotten a text not long ago from Peyton that was with him. Maybe it was some weird boy thing she didn't get, this whole match. Suddenly the roar of a car caught people's attention of Nathan jumped out of it with Tim and Peyton behind him. 

People started to cheer louder as Nathan got on to the field, Isabelle felt a new presence next to her and saw it was Peyton. She bumped her hips against the curly blondes one getting a small smile back. 

Isabelle was more into the game than she thought, her eyes bounced between looking where the ball was and looking at the boys. Though her eyes were drawn moreover to the blonde boy. That meeting when he helped her with her car and the ride back was enough to make her more interested in who this guy was.  Nathan scored and Petyon along with Brody clapped and cheered when Lucas scored she couldn't help but smile and clap. 

"Go Lucas!" she didn't notice the look she got from her brother mostly but also the glance she got from Peyton, no Isabelle was more into the game right now. But even if she had seen them she wouldn't care that much, she cheered for whomever she wanted to cheer on. 

Then BAM, Nathan knocked his elbow hard against Lucas's face before scoring. Isabelle stood there with an open mouth staring at Lucas before starring at Nathan who acted like he had done nothing wrong. 

"I don't know if I've said it before but no offense.. your boyfriend is an ass" she muttered leaning a little against Peyton. The blonde didn't argue back, there was nothing to argue back on. 

"No foul, the basket counts" Lucas came back to the middle of the court and grabbed the ball. 

"The basket counts and it's 14-12 game point to Nathan, he could win it all right here. Nathan for the win! "

"Holy crap! did you see that?! Somebody man will tell stories about that block" 

Lucas had done an amazing block on Nathan so that he didn't score, Isabelle's smile was bigger than before. She cheered along with others when Lucas then scored again and then again making it a tie between him and Nathan. The brunette could feel her leg shake, her hands intertwined with each other under her chin. 

"Come on" she muttered under her breath. Lucas shot of the ball and it..

"Lucas for the win!" 

It went in and Lucas was surrounded by his friends and those who had cheered him on, Isabelle could feel the silence on her side of the court. Tim sulking already that his friend had lost, but she stood there with a smile on her face. 

She stood in her spot while Peyton and Brody walked off, she glanced up to see Lucas. She gave him a smile.

"So what did you bet?" 

"If I win.. Nathan stays on the team" Isabelle looked at him somewhat confused, not something she had excepted to her hear.

"Why?"

"Because it's the last thing he wants and anyway it's not about him." The brunette just stared at him but a smile appeared on her face again as she nodded her head a little.

"Izzy!" she turned around at the sound of her brother and saw him standing there with Nathan and Peyton. He seemed to be more buddies with him than before, though she wasn't so surprised.

"You coming?" She swallowed and looked back at Lucas first, her body had moved a little back to show she was leaving.

"I'll be seeing you" 

"That you'll do" she replied with a grin before turning her back towards the blonde guy and walked over to her brother and friends

"That you'll do" she replied with a grin before turning her back towards the blonde guy and walked over to her brother and friends. Her heart was beating a little faster and she had this funny feeling in her stomach, something she hadn't felt before. 

"There is a tide in the affairs of men, which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune but omitted, and the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat and we must take the current when it serves or lose the ventures before us."

"Was it fun?" Brody had already sprung up the stairs when the twins got home, Isabelle made her way into the living room where her father was sitting on the sofa with a book in his hands.

"It was... interesting and fun I guess" she answered back with a smile. 

"Well I'm glad you had fun" he smiled. Out of the twins Isabelle had a closer relationship with her father, it had taken them sometime after her mother's death but they had grown closer the last two years, at least after the move. She smiled and gave her father a hug and kiss on the cheek before walking towards the stairs.

"Good night dad"

"Good night sweetheart"

"Tell me somethin', girl

Are you happy in this modern world?Or do you need more?Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?"

A/N: I have some good muse so I'm writing a lot while I can and the use is thriving :) 

If I hadn't said it before I'm saying it not, Brody and Isabelle are twins. He has been somewhat friends with the basketball gang but he hadn't officially joined.

So let me know your thoughts so please comment! <3