7. All That You Can't Leave Behind

"I see trees of green
Red roses too
I see them bloom
For me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world"

For the past three years, this song has been playing on Isabelle's computers, her stereo, or in her car depending on where she was at the time. She plays it over and over again almost mocking herself with it. She had seen Peytons' new comic strip before it went to the press, her feelings were similar this week, Isabelle had stared at that comic strip with the light and the simple message.

"People always leave"

Lucas had by now also seen it, he also saw Peytons' car speeding down the street against a red light at a dangerous speed. He looked after the car confused. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabelle and Peyton didn't have to say anything when they saw each other the next morning, they knew what kind of week they both were having. In an ironic way, the worst part of their lives had happened days apart, though also years apart. But it didn't mean the wounds were still raw and fresh. On top of it, Peyton had revealed to Isabelle that she had broken up with Nathan, about time she had said the very same night but now she just let it be.

The cheerleaders were having practice at the same time as the basketball team, Brooke stopped the cheering.

"Oh hold on, Peyton you've got your arms wrong," Brooke says but Peyton just rolls her eyes.

"It's not brain surgery Brooke," she says sarcastically. 

"Okay, what's with the attitude?" Brooke questions taking one small step back.

"What's with your life? seriously aren't you embarrassed that the most important thing in your world is some stupid cheer?" 

"Look, I'm really sorry things didn't work out between you and Nathan but don't go all Mariah on me okay?" 

"You think this is about Nathan? You're not even close! you're not even in the neighborhood of close!" Peyton finally snaps. 

"Okay then, what's wrong?"

"Seriously Brooke? if you don't even know check your priorities" Isabelle speaks up next to Peyton. 

"What's with you two!?" 

"What's wrong is how pointless all of this is!" Isabelle yells out voicing both her and Peyton's pain and opinions.

"Stop saying that"

"No! Because it's true!" Peyton yells out,  By now the team had stopped practicing and stared at the girls. 

"What difference does it make if you sleep with a popular guy or go to the right party or you know the moves to some moronic cheer to do some lame-ass game we could care less about!" Isabelle yells out. 

"What difference does that make to the world! what would you leave behind when it's all said and done?! Nothing!" she throws her pom-poms at Brooke and runs out of the gym with Peyton storming out as well leaving Brooke shocked and speechless.