22. How Can You Be Sure?

You can change your life - if you wanna
You can change your clothes - if you wanna
If you change your mind
Well, that's the way it goes

"These midnight sleepovers has got to stop" Peyton grinned over the small figure of Isabelle that had just flopped down in Peytons' bed. Isabelle opened one of her eyes and glanced at Peyton, she groaned and turned onto her side, and cuddled into one of the pillows.

"But your bed so comfy" she muttered into the pillow, Peyton laughed and laid down on the other side of the bed. "How was your "Date"?" Peyton said doing air quotes by the word date. Isabelle rolled back onto her stomach holding the pillow against her stomach, "It wasn't horrible. Made me remember that Nathan isn't so bad... well anymore" Isabelle said with a smile, Peyton laughed a little. 

"How was your night with my brother?" Isabelle turned her head to look at her friend, Peyton turned her head towards Isabelle and shrugged lightly with a smile. "It was good" Isabelle looked up at the ceiling and sighed out heavy.

"Honestly.. I'm starting to feel like everything doesn't suck. I mean Brooke still isn't taking that much to me but she isn't giving me so many death glares and I'm just over guys" Isabelle said as she closed her eyes. "That's what I'm gonna do.. I'm gonna stay single and don't give a crap about men" she said.

"Good luck with that" Peyton said, she started to laugh when Isabelle's hand came and hit her gently on her stomach. "I'll live through whatever you and Jake have," Isabelle said then grinning as she looked at Peyton who returned her look with a death glare. 

"You started it, I just ended it" Isabelle shrugged her shoulders.

"Bitch" Peyton said

"Jerk" Isabelle replied back before the girls started to laugh once more. This evening and night were the most Isabelle had laughed in a good while and it felt really good. No thought about Lucas, not thinking much about her drama with Brooke. Just a teenage girl having fun with two of her friends and boy did it feel great. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do I make things complicated for you?" Peyton opened her eyes and turned her head to look at the brunette girl in the bed next to her. Isabelle was watching the ceiling though instead of looking at her friend. "What?" Isabelle now moved her head so she was looking at Peyton.

"You're friendship with Brooke. You two have known each other longer and I was the one who was.. messing things up for her and Lucas" Isabelle said, Peyton took her hand that was closest to Isabelle and grabbed her hand and held it on tight. 

"You both are my best friends, you both are hurting for different reasons and while I think you could have handled this differently I still love you," Peyton said, she smiled softly. "And I'm sure you and Brooke will work through it one day" Peyton then added. Isabelle smiled a little and nodded her head.

"I hope so" Isabelle whispered into the dark bedroom, she looked at Peyton one more time and gave her a sweet smile. "I love you P.Sawyer"

"I love you too I. Marks" soon enough silence swept over the bedroom with the two teenage girls starting to fall asleep. The worries of tomorrow and all the days after that washing away for the night. For the first time in a few days, Isabelle also managed to get a good night's sleep, with no guilt, worries, stress, or nightmares keeping her awake. 

But I'm gonna keep your jeans
And your old black hat - cause I wanna
They look good on me
You're never gonna get them back

At least not today, not today, not today
'cause