24. The Leaving Song

White knuckles
And sweaty palms from
Hangin' on too tight
Clenched shut jaw
I've got another
Headache again tonight

"Hey, Isabelle!" Isabelle is standing a few feet from Lucas with her arms crossed over her chest, she glares at him and shakes her head before turning around to walk away. Lucas runs to catch up with her. "Come on, can I talk to you?" Isabelle turns around and continues to glare at him.

"That depends, Are you telling lies or things that aren't true?" Isabelle asks him with a fake smile and tilts her head at him. 

"Okay, I deserve that, but about the other night." Isabelle just shakes her head and won't let Lucas finish, "Whatever, Luke. Explain it to your friend Nikki" is all Isabelle says before walking up to Brooke and Peyton. They all eye him before turning their heads and walk away, they head over to the girl's locker room to get ready for practice. 

Isabelle was grabbing something to drink with Peyton when Brooke walked up to them, "So, now that Lucas has out-slutted the both of us. Are we back to hoes over bros?" she asks Isabelle. Isabelle smiles lightly, "Okay, she's talking to me..." Isabelle starts and then looks at Brooke with a smile. "Does that mean she's shopping with me and Peyton? I was thinking, maybe we could spend a little trial make up time at the mall" Isabelle suggested. Brooke looks at her with a grin.

"You know there may be hope for you yet" Isabelle laughs softly before offering some water to Brooke as well that she takes with a grin just as Whitey blows his whistle for the basketball team to gather around. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabelle and Brooke met Peyton by the mall who brought Jenny with her, Isabelle had no issues with that as she adored the child. "So I hope you don't mind I had to bring Jenny along. Jake kind of asked last-minute" Peyton said to the two girls. "Oh I don't mind at all," Isabelle said first and then looked at Brooke. 

"Well, it's never too early to learn to accessorize, right? Want to go look at CDs?" Isabelle laughed softly, "Why? So I can listen to you complain as we check out all the new releases?" Peyton said looking at Brooke. "Well we could go try on lingerie and you can listen to me whine about how fat I am" Brooke then said making both Peyton and Isabelle eye her.

"You're not fat Brooke," Isabelle said

"I know, I just like to hear it," Brooke said with a grin as they stopped by a window and looked inside it. 

"You know, I've really missed this whole girlfriend thing, it wasn't the same with just Peyton," Isabelle said looking at Brooke, Brooke looked back and smiled at her. "Of course you have" 

"Well, well, well." all three girls turn around to see Nikki holding Jenny, "As a babysitter, apparently you suck," Nikki said looking at Peyton. "Nikki, what are you doing?" Peyton said.

"Protecting my baby. While you three barbies were getting ready to make out, anybody could have taken her" Nikki said 

"Put her down," Peyton said, Nikki just looked at her and laughed a little, "Right, I take orders from you," Nikki said and turned around walking away with Jenny. The girls follow her "Where are you going?!" Isabelle shouts as they follow her.

"Shopping with my daughter"

"I don't think so" Brooke said

"Right, I see you stopping me," Nikki said walking past Brooke into a store, "Nikki!" Brooke said as they follow her. Peyton looks at Brooke, "Go get security, okay?" Peyton says to her and Brooke hurries off, Isabelle and Peyton continue to follow Nikki the best they can in the crowd of people. "Nikki. Nikki! Where is my phone? Damn it! Where is my phone?" Isabelle, as fast she could takes up her phone and handed it to Peyton.