11. With Arms Outstretched

She's got green eyes, and she's 5'5"
Long brown hair all down her back
Cadillac truck
So the hell what

What's so special about that?
She used to model, she's done some acting

So she weighs a buck o' five

So I guess she's alright if perfection is what you like

"How's your punching hand, Mike Tyson?" Brooke had told Isabelle about what Lucas had done to the guy. Lucas chuckles a little as he looks down at his hand. "Better than the guy's face.... how about you? how are you feeling?" Isabelle takes a deep breath.

"Like an idiot and... did I say like an idiot?" She then eyes the floor for a moment before glancing up at Lucas. 

"Look, you're cool with us being friends right? I mean.. we.. we're friends right?" 

"We are, I'm cool with it. I mean besides I wasn't ready for all that Isabelle Marks relationship drama anyway you know" she smiled softly but she did feel like her gut got a small punch in it when he said it. 

"Say hi to Brooke for me" ouch that hurt even more. Isabelle knew she deserved it but it didn't help much with the pain. When he was walking away she held her stomach as it was actually hurting her. How the heck can that happen? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it is stupid to sit at home and pity yourself, but Isabelle still did it. She was sitting in her bed and with her notebook open. She stopped every now and then to check her phone, Isabelle sighed. She wasn't sure what she was expecting, it was like she was waiting for a magical call that wasn't going to happen. Isabelle places down her phone on her bed again and continues to write.

This lasted for about two minutes and she finally picks up her phone and dials a number, she's met with Lucas's answering machine. Isabelle sighed and threw her phone and it landed by her feet.

"Let me...guess Lucas?" Isabelle turned her head, Peyton was leaning against the door frame. She sighed and leaned her head back against her headboard. "Let's just get it out, I'm pathetic," she says as she shakes her head.

"You're not pathetic Izzy, you're just going through a confusing time that's all," Peyton said as she sat down on the bed. 

"I'm not sure confusing is even covering it, I freak out on him and then say I just want to be friends and now I'm spending my night hoping for what? that he's gonna call me?" Isabelle almost wanted to hit her head against the wall in frustration. 

Oh, oh, and I'm not jealous, no, I'm not
Oh, oh, I just want everything she's got
Oh, oh, you look at her so amazed
I remember way back when you used to look at me that way

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day the weather is nice so Peyton and Isabelle decide to sit outside in the schoolyard, Brooke skips over to the table where they are sitting. "Hey friends, guess who I went out with last night I'll tell you Lucas" 

"Define went out," Peyton said closing her book. 

"We met at a bar, shot some pool, had a few drinks" Isabelle looked at Brooke surprised, and actually smiled a little. "Lucas Scott?"