19. Spirit In The Night

So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke
Your love life's DOA
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month
Or even your year, but

It was almost a wonder Isabelle hadn't been kicked off the cheerleading squad by Brooke, but she wasn't gonna question it. It did give her a chance to try and fix things with Brooke and with the annual cheerleading competition she wanted to show that she could do well. 

Brooke looked over the girls, "Teresa, terrible posture. Pinch that penny" she said moving on, "Bevin, you...need a breath mint" she said and moved along and stopped in front of Brooke. "Isabelle.. nice form. Excellent betrayal of a best friend" Brooke moved to the others girls and just shook her head at how wrong it was. 

"Guys, this weekend is the classic. It's our biggest cheer competition. Aren't you sick of Claire Young and the Bear creek warriors taking home the trophy every year? Because I am, we need to get it together here and I'm not just talking about our routine, I'm talking hair, nails, underarms... Teresa" Brooke said. 

"Brooke, cheerleading is supposed to be fun," Bevin said

"Yeah? well, winning is funner, and if you don't like it, go cheer for the wrestling team. Take five" Brooke said. Isabelle slowly walked up to Brooke, "I know that you hate me, just please don't take it out on our squad"

"Everything isn't about you Isabelle,  didn't you ever think maybe I'm being a psychotic bitch because I want us to do well this weekend? Those judges aren't gonna be as forgiving as I am" Brooke said.

"Funny.. I didn't know you were forgiving at all" Isabelle said softly, she then turned around to catch up with Peyton and Bevin.  She leans her head on Peyton's shoulder, "Now I kinda just want this weekend to be over with" she mumbled as she closed her eyes. Peyton smiled and gently stroke Isabelle's hair. 

"Breaks over girls" Brooke calls out

"You said five minutes" Ashley another cheer member said

"Well cry me a river let's go," Brooke said. The girls look at each other and sighed a little as they went back to their spots to train once more. It was gonna be a long weekend, that Isabelle could tell for sure. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make things worse Isabelle's dad had offered to chaperone the trip, he had promised his children he would do everything in his power to be as embarrassing as he could. During the drive there he already did a good job, making dad jokes only he and Karen Roe thought were funny. At least it seemed like he had made a friend. 

At the hotel Isabelle found out she and Brooke had the same room, she looked over at the two beds holding on to her bag. "Which bed do you want? the window or the door?" Isabelle asked Brooke.

"Whatever" was all Brooke said, "Brooke, could we try and make the best out of this?" Isabelle asked. "Fine, but I'm not doing it for you I'm doing it for the squad, call it a cheer truce," Brooke said, Isabelle raised an eyebrow and nodded her head. She dropped her stuff on the bed near the door. In the end, she knew Brooke would want the bed by the window more. Isabelle decided to open the door and the door on the other end also opened up and she came face to face with Jake. Jake blinked and looked at Isabelle and then at Brooke before looking back at Isabelle with a grin.

"Bom-shika- wow wow" he said making Isabelle laugh a little and hit him on the shoulder, "So you ladies order room service?" he asked in a deep voice, Brooke just rolled her eyes while Isabelle laughed and pushed him into his room before following him.