14. Crash Course In Polite Conversation

Whenever I was frightened or ever felt alone
I turned to the night sky at a star I call my own
Somewhere I could run to, just across the Milky Way
If you like, I could take you
It's just a lightyear and a day

When Isabelle started her video chat with her father she was not expecting to see what she saw in front of her. Her father came onto the screen and she stared for a moment before bursting out laughing. "What is that?" she says laughing and holding her stomach.

"What this? I've been thinking of growing it out for some time. Make me look wiser don't you thin?" Kevin Marks says as he touches the beard that was not there when he left Tree Hill. Isabelle sucks in her breath and looks unsure at the screen. 

"You sure you want to know?" she says, Kevin sighs and shakes his head but still smiling

"You sure you want to know?" she says, Kevin sighs and shakes his head but still smiling. "Alright, before I get home it will be gone." the door to her bedroom opens and Kevin glances up to see two figures walk in.

"Hey Brooke, Rake boy," he says with a grin, it had been Adam who had told his uncle about the hilarious interaction with him and Lucas. Lucas would sure not hear the end of it for quite some time if the Marks men had anything to say about it.

"I see nobody is using the doorbell to my house still" 

"Papa Belle, the beard is working for you," Brooke says with a smirk, Isabelle turns in her chair and playfully glares at her friend. "Don't encourage him, you don't live with him" she jokingly said. 

"What are you guys up to so early?"  Brooke shrugs her shoulders. 

"I don't know Isabelle just asked us..

"Oh no! you know what? you'll find out when you get home" Isabelle quickly interrupts Brooke to not spoil her surprise for her dad. 

"Not even a little hint?" Kevin asks but his daughter shakes her head smiling, "Not even that, I love you" 

"Well you better, I love you too sweetheart," the father and daughter duo says their goodbyes and ends the video chat. 

"So what's the surprise?" Brooke asks, Isabelle just smiles as she grabs her jacket and looks at Lucas. "I need your help with something, come on" She leaves her room and walks out by the garage. She pulls off a white sheet of an older-looking car, Lucas whistles as he looks it over. 

"Damn, that's nice. This your dads?" 

"Yeah, he hasn't driven it though in like.. two maybe three years. Do you think you can get it to run?"

"Of course he can, and he's gonna look good doing it too" Brookes smirks at the thought. Isabelle smiles and shakes her head. 

"And I was thinking you could help me wash and wax it," she says giving Brooke a hug with a puppy look on her face. "Glad to help," Brooke says.

"I just want to do something nice for him, it's his birthday soon and I know he loves this car" 

"Alright.. I'll go get my tools," Lucas says after checking out inside the hood of the car. Isabelle smiles widely, she was so excited to get it running again. She could remember many trips during the summer with the family in it ever since she was a little girl. It wouldn't be the same without her mother, but she still missed those trips.