4. The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most

The locker rooms closed. No...media" Isabelle stopped in her tracks, she had just walked out of the girl's locker room and was heading into the gym when she had heard Coach Durham. 

"Dude, did you hear that? We're media"

"Not just media, banned media" now Isabelle let out a giggle when she heard it making her presence known to the three guys, Lucas, and his two friends. She held a hand over her mouth.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh," she said with a blush. Lucas smiled over at her making those butterflies return that she had felt in her stomach that night by the court. 

"um anyway.. good luck" she then burst out and hurries past the boys and into the gym to find Peyton and Brooke. 

"Where were you?" Peyton whispered as Isabelle took a deep breath and shook her head making her ponytail she sported bounce. 

"Oh, you know the usual, making myself look somewhat like a weirdo but what else is new?" Peyton grinned slightly and gently nudged Isabelle before Brooke joined them. 

"So that's the boy who beat Nathan?" Brooke asked with a smirk, Peyton nods her head.

"Sure is" Isabelle answers. Brooke's smirk widens a bit as she looks after Lucas.

"Well he looks good from behind" Isabelle just sighs and rolls her eyes, wasn't there a boy that Brooke wasn't interested in? 

The game started and Isabelle along with the other cheerleaders stood on the sideline and cheered on. Nathan passed Lucas the ball but Lucas seemed to have buttery fingers and missed it and the ball headed towards the girls and hit Isabelle on her leg as she had put it up in an attempt to curl up to a ball to shield herself from the ball.

"Nice hands," she says sarcastically looking at Lucas. 

"Nice legs," he said before jogging of, Isabelle sucked in her breath while Peyton and Brooke laughed next to her.

"Ohh someone has a thing for you," Brooke said in a sing-along voice. This caused her to glare at the brunette friend. But those damn butterflies were back for a second along with her heart skipping a beat and then sped faster to catch up. 

As the game went on it was very clear that Lucas was not having a good night, every shot he made he missed the hoop. Isabelle wrinkled up her nose a bit each time she saw him take the shot but missed. Eventually, Whitey benched him and placed in another player. 

After the game, the Marks family went to get some takeaway food, tonight it was pizza on the menu and neither of the twins complained over that. Brody had the boxes of pizza in his hands while Isabelle was the one carrying both his gym bag and hers. 

As she walks up to her house she sees a familiar truck on the side of the road by Peyton's house, looking over to her house she could see Peyton and Lucas. She looks slightly confused and can't stop glancing over, so much that she doesn't see where she's going and her foot gives out under her twisting to the side making her fall down to the pavement just by her porch. Out of surprise, she gives out a small shriek before her palms hit the ground. She could already feel the skin being scrapped up and dirt getting into the freshly made wound.