15. Hanging By A Moment

Somebody said you got a new friend

Does she love you better than I can?

And there's a big black sky over my town

I know where you're at, I bet she's around

And yeah, I know it's stupid

But I just gotta see it for myself

Isabelle wasn't gonna lie, she was trying to avoid Lucas the best she could when Monday rolled around. The rest of her weekend was with her family, Peyton had also stayed over as her dad wasn't home yet and Peyton was always counted as family. But of course, the weekend had to end and school was waiting for her. 

"Isabelle" Oh crap she thought hearing Lucas's voice behind her, "How's everything with your dad?"

"Oh it's fine, he's fine" she answers, Lucas walks in front of her making Isabelle come to a stop. "And how about for us?" she takes a deep breath and has a death grip on her bag. 

"You mean when we kissed right?" she asked in a low voice, "I've been feeling guilty about it all weekend" she admits. 

"Me too," he says. Isabelle takes in another deep breath before speaking "Look how about we just forget the whole thing and that it ever happened." Lucas nodded his head and said sure, but something about his face made Isabelle eye him unsure. Brooke came skipping up to them with a bright smile on her face. One smile just made Isabelle feel like she was getting stabbed in the heart.

"Hi, friend, girl. Boy. What's the latest scandal?" Lucas and Isabelle eye each other and don't say anything. 

"You too have never any good gossip," Brooke says rolling her eyes, "Are we still redoing your bedroom tonight?" Brooke asks Isabelle who nods her head. Brooke smiles and then looks at Lucas, "You up for some heavy lifting?" she asks him. Lucas first eyes Isabelle "Oh I.."

"Would love to help" Brooke answers for him not sensing the awkwardness between Isabelle and Lucas. For Isabelle she could just feel the tense air around them, she could almost cut it with a knife. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabelle was hanging out with others from the cheer squad as Peyton was nowhere to be seen at the moment and Brooke had left. "Isabelle" Lucas called out when she had walked by the locker rooms, she stopped and turned around. "Oh Brooke had to leave early so she said to call her" 

"Okay... you got a sec?" he asked her, Isabelle looked up from going through her bag and shallowed hard, her friends had walked away and the hallway was getting empty. "Um.. yeah what's up?" her heart was beating fast and her legs wanted to run. 

"I lied," Lucas said, she looked up at him with round eyes. "I can't burry what happened between us"

"Lucas, Brooke is one of my best friends and she's your girlfriend," Isabelle said

"I know.. but..I" Isabelle interrupted him quickly

"But nothing, okay, that's where we're at right now. It's not fair of her to make a big deal out of this. It didn't mean anything" She looked at Lucas and shook her head, Isabelle turned to walk away but Lucas grabbed her arm and turned her back. "Isabelle" he pulled her into a kiss and cupped both her cheeks with his hands, it was enough to make her almost melt. Her legs turning into jelly and her heart speeding so fast in her chest. She loved the feeling of kissing him, she shouldn't be she did. They pulled back and Isabelle looked at Lucas through her eyelashes and went on her toes to give him another kiss before she pulled back fast. Lucas smiled softly,