23. What Is and What Should Never Be

I've made up my mind
Don't need to think it over
If I'm wrong I am right
Don't need to look no further
This ain't lust
I know this is love but

"Hey Peyton, Isabelle" Haley called out to the two girls and catching up to them in the school hallway. 

"What's up?" Peyton asked

"Nathan and I are having a little thing at his place on Saturday." Both Isabelle and Peyton raised their eyebrows and then smiled. "Haley James, Party girl" Isabelle said smiling as she nudges her gently on the arm.

"Yeah it's not going to be that big of a deal but he said that I could invite whoever I want, so do you want to come?" Both girls nodded their heads.

"Hell yeah," Peyton said

"We'll be there" Isabelle smiled at Haley. 

"Alright I'll see you then" Haley smiled and walked off, "Who would have known, Haley James throwing a party?" Isabelle said laughing as she looked after Haley. Peyton laughed as well.

"I know right" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas was working on his shots at practice but he never makes the shot, he keeps practicing even as the other guys clear out. Isabelle sees him there as she walks in the get her bag, "Well the good news is I'm back, the bad news is I suck" Lucas says, he begins to stretch his arm that had been injured in the crash. 

"You okay?" Isabelle asks him

"Yeah, it's just a little tight."  Isabelle lifts her arms towards his arm "Here" she starts to help him stretch his arm. "You're just rusty. Pretty soon you'll really suck. Just like before. Better?" Lucas nods his head and smiles softly. She returns the smile just as Brooke walks in to get her stuff and sees the two of them.

"You know I'd tell you two to get a room, but then you've already done that," she says before storming out of the gym. Isabelle looks at the door and back at Lucas. "I'm sorry," she says before running after Brooke.

"Brooke! Brooke, we got to stop doing this."  Brooke keeps on walking not looking backward at Isabelle. 

"Fine, I'll stop talking to you and you can definitely stop talking to me." Isabelle finally stops and looks at Brooke. "Okay," she says which makes Brooke also stop and turn around to look at the other brunette girl. It was almost like Brooke seemed shocked and surprised at it. 

"I mean we're not really friends anymore, are we?" Isabelle says 

"You know you catch on slow" Brooke replies, Isabelle shakes her head. 

"Alright, I tried apologizing to you and I'm done trying now." at that moment Isabelle just felt done with it all, she felt tired and done. 

"Good. I mean it's really pretty pathetic." Brooke says as Isabelle looks down at the ground and shakes her head once more. 

"Fine, if that's what you want. Fine." Isabelle said and with one final glance at Brooke she walks off, Brooke looks after with an almost disappointed look like she wasn't sure anymore what she wanted. Two former friends walking now away from each other but neither of them feeling happy. Isabelle could feel one tear slip down her cheek but she quickly wipes it away. 

If I tell the world
I'll never say enough
Cause it was not said to you
And that's exactly what I need to do
If I'm in love with you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------