9. Life In A Glass House

Is this a dream?

If it is

Please don't wake me from this high

I'd become comfortably numb

Until you opened up my eyes

To what it's like

When everything's right

I can't believe

"All I remember is you, me, Peyton, and tutor girl in my car and then Lucas and Nathan. Then you said something about being into Lucas, but it could have been Nathan" Isabelle wrinkles up her nose. "Nathan?" 

"Yeah I need to know" 

"Need?" Peyton asks. 

"Yeah, two of them but three of us. But plenty of Scott's boys to go around or other fine boys. And Belle's courtesy hold on Lucas has expired" Isabelle shakes her head and rolls her eyes. They reached a table where Lucas was sitting.

"Hey Broody" Brooke smiles, Lucas takes out his earpiece when he hears Brooke. 

"Hey Cheery, Peyton. Belle" Isabelle raises an eyebrow looking at Lucas. "Did you just call me Belle?" she asks and he just shrugs with a smile. 

"So I'll see you at practice?" Brooke asks.

"As always" Peyton responded making Isabelle laugh. 

"Yeah, you two" Brooke says with a grin and walks away, Peyton shakes her head laughing as she pats Isabelle on the shoulder and walks after Brooke leaving Lucas and Isabelle alone. 

"So, what's the deal? Are we gonna hang out at this annual Scoot money burn or what?" Isabelle asks as she sits down as well. 

"Yeah..right, Like I'm gonna spend the night with Nathan and Dan on my Friday off? I don't think so. I rather stay home with.. Great Gatsby" Isabelle smiles softly and leans forward on her arms. 

"You know I read a book last night"

"Really?"

"Yeah it's about this girl and this guy and they've got this really weird vibe thing going on but there is all this drama because the girl is friends with this guy who turns out to be none other than... the guy's brother. So the whole thing comes to this climax and there is a big part at the guy's dad's house."