13. The Living Years

When Lucas arrived at the Marks house he didn't expect the front door to be slightly open, it got him a bit worried if he had to be honest. He could hear some sounds coming from inside, "Isabelle?" he called out though he didn't get any answer. Lucas grabbed the rake that stood near the door and walked inside. The sounds came from inside the kitchen, Lucas had made his way quietly there, he could see a man in the kitchen with his back turned going through cabinets. Lucas tapped the end of the rake against the table making the guy jump and turn around. 

"Where's Isabelle?" the guy shrugs and turns around

"Dressing for school is my guess, or putting makeup on what do I know" 

"Who are you?" Lucas demanded

"I'm the one who's about to take that rake from you and beat your scrawny ass... I'm her cousin who are you?"

"Ohh... sorry. The front door was open and I thought..I'm Lucas" Lucas lowered the rake and holds his hand.

"Adam Marks" Adam introduces himself and shakes Lucas's hand.

"Hi Adam do you know where my.." Isabelle stops and sees Lucas and she tilted her head.

"What are you doing here?" 

"Oh he's trying to rake me to death," Adam says as he begins to eat his bowl of cereals. Isabelle looks at her cousin and then at Lucas who had a face of embarrassment on it. She starts to laugh putting her hands on her hips. "What?" she says as she's laughing. 

"I thought.... nothing crucial," he says with red cheeks and looks elsewhere. "I'm gonna go put this back" Isabelle and Adam laugh as he walks out of the kitchen. 

"Well he seems fun," Adam says. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So who's the guy?" Isabelle looks at Brooke slightly confused, "What guy?" she asks her.

"The guy that's got you all smiley"

"That would be my cousin" Isabelle then admits, she loves her cousin a lot. 

"I might be smiling too but for a whole other reason" Brooke smirks and Isabelle gasps.

"Dude that's my cousin, don't go all horn dog on me there is a line," she says as she slaps Brooke on the arm, Brooke just laughs. 

"Speaking of lines, I really don't wanna cross any so tell me if this is totally inappropriate to ask" 

"When has that ever stopped you?" Isabelle asked with a smile. 

"I need to connect more with Lucas" Isabelle tilted her head a little confused. "I thought you guys were already doing that"