8. Every Night Is Another Story

School bell rings, walk me home sidewalk chalk covered in snowLost my gloves, you give me one"Wanna hang out?"Yeah, sounds like fun video games, you pass me a not sleeping in tents
It's nice to have a friend(Ooh)It's nice to have a friend(Ooh)

Isabelle, Peyton, and Haley are rocking out in the car. Music blasting loudly, they are laughing as they sing along. Lucas and Nathan are running to a car, Nathan tries to start the car up.

"We need some music," Peyton says and turns to look in the backseat for a new CD. Haley sees the car sliding and throws herself on the steering wheel. "Peyton!" Peyton quickly takes hold again and the car violently turns back on the road. In the backseat, Brooke jumps up and looks around confused. "Sorry" Peyton says.

"Where the hell are we?" Brooke asks confused. The others girls laugh a little.

"Miles from normal" Haley answered, Brooke, leans forward to take a good look at Haley and looks very confused at Isabelle and Peyton. 

"You invited her," Isabelle says before bursting out laughing along with Haley and Peyton. Peyton then turns on the stereo with a loud volume causing Brooke to held her ears and head in pain. 

They continued down the road and came to a stop seeing two figures on the road in front of them, all four girls look out the window very confused. 

"Could this get any freakier?" Peyton asks. "Nathan with Lucas?" Lucas and Nathan in their own turn were also very confused seeing the girls.

"Haley, Isabelle, and Peyton?" 

"What is going on?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 hours earlier

It was the morning of a game day, the game was out of Tree Hill so Isabelle had packed a bag with stuff she might need. She spots Lucas and Haley in the courtyard and she makes her way over. "Hey, can I talk with you for a minute?" she asks Lucas. 

"Speaking of" Haley said and walked off, Isabelle stared at her a bit confused. She then shook it off looking at Lucas. 

"So last week sucked, but I... wanted to say thank you." she opened her bag and pulled out a book and a CD.

"Wow you bought me a book and made me a mixtape?" Isabelle smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

"Just trying to spread my karma" 

"Hmm, does this mean we're dating" Isabelle stares at Lucas for a second before smiling and shaking her head. 

"Listen, you've got a long bus ride tonight and I had some free time. Don't read too much into it, instead read into this" she said putting her finger on the cover of the book. Lucas raises an eyebrow looking at it. "The Hobbit?" Isabelle nodded her head. 

"Since you were so interested in my book I gave you your own to read, you see it's about this hobbit going on an adventure. Should fit you perfectly" she teased with a smile before turning and skipping off. Lucas looked after her with a smile, she seemed different. A bit happier he thought. It was nice to see.