16. I Shall Believe

We keep behind closed doors
Every time I see you, I die a little more
Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls
It'll never be enough
As you drive me to my house
I can't stop these silent tears from rolling down
You and I both have to hide on the outside
Where I can't be yours and you can't be mine

Most of the evening was just Isabelle and Brooke in her room, her room was done and lighter colors had entered her room. Despite the feelings of guilt Isabelle still felt somewhat happier than she usually does. Right now though she was standing in front of Brooke and was ready to lay it all out on the table, confess it all. 

"Hey what's wrong? you know you can tell me anything" Brooke said and it just made Isabelle's heartbreak even more. 

"I well Brooke... there's something you should know" but she gets cut off by her phone ringing, signing Isabelle pulls out her phone and answers it. "Hello? Haley, what's wrong?" Brooke can see colors drain from her friend's face, she doesn't say anything. She just hangs up and get's her jacket to leave.

"Belle, what's going on?" Isabelle stops at the sound of Brooke's voice, she had for a second forgot she was there. She slowly turns around to look at her, "Lucas... there's been an accident. You should go to him.. come on I'll drive you" she offers as she swallows down the emotions she feels that want to bubble up. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabelle never set her foot in the hospital, she hated hospitals ever since her own accident and she couldn't go with Brooke. It did not feel right and she wasn't sure she was gonna be able to do it. She told Brooke to go on in and let her know when there is any news, Isabelle sat in her car gripping the steering wheel so tight her knuckles were turning white. She wasn't gonna cry, not now. 

She then drove to Haley's house, no one opened the front door but it was open. Isabelle gently peaked into Haley's room and leaned against the doorframe as she saw her sitting on her bed. "Hey.. I thought you would be at the hospital" Isabelle said looking at Haley. 

"Why aren't you there?" Haley asked back, Isabelle breathed in deeply and shrugged her shoulders the same way the other girl had just done. "Just dropped Brooke off, it's kinda weird since she's still with Lucas," Isabelle said as she looked down at the floor as if her shoes had gotten very interesting to look at.

"She doesn't know about you guys yet?" Haley asks

"We were gonna tell her tonight"  Isabelle answers, Haley sighs and looks away from her. 

"Don't you wanna see him?" Isabelle wonders, it was her best friend after all.

"Yeah I do, I just.. can't" Haley answers still not looking at Isabelle, Isabelle tilts her head a little. "Why not?" she asks.