Chapter 2

The Beginning

I remember I was in the middle of my own court case, a victim of domestic violence in the stands as I watch as my parents spout nonsense, crocodile tears and lies to a court they swore to only tell the truth.

The judge, possibly already had a bad day to begin with, only wanted it to be over and done with, ruled my parents and the case as not guilty just because the judge didn't give a damn.

I remember climbing over the pedestal, in induced rage, screaming my lungs out as I thrashed at the security who stopped me from clawing at my own mother's neck. Accusing her and my father for the murder of my baby sister the world didn't know of.

Then I remember my wrists in cuffs, a cold metal chair and a stoic man with a contract that sat across me.

"You have been chosen to have a second chance at life if you join us at the facility. Do you wish to return to your abusive parents, or help the world rid of crimes and corruption."

His words lighted a spark within me, a flame that ignited my entire purpose. Of course I chose the latter, who wouldn't given the circumstances but in that moment, driven by rage and justice I signed the contract without knowing what I was getting myself into and then all I saw was black.

"Welcome to the Facility, you have been chosen as one of the special candidates for this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Please Enjoy your stay."

I remember waking up to a robotic voice, repetitive and irritating as I felt the soft sheets of a bed beneath my fingers, sitting up I realise I was in a large room with nine other people, and nine other beds identical to mine. They too were stirring from their slumber, each of them just as confused as I was. One thing for sure that was common between us, was that all of us were young.

The announcement finally came to a stop when double doors flung wide open, revealing two men and a woman, the tallest had broad shoulders and a lab coat, his features were pleasant and he didn't look too far from my own age, the second man however was stout with unkept facial hair and a permanent scowl on his face. The lady, poised and tender, her eyes of a mother's caring nature.

"We apologise for this welcome, however all of you have agreed and signed a contract whereby confidentiality and secrecy of our current location should be withheld until you earn our trust." The kind man in the lab coat spoke.

"I am Professor Kim Seokjin, the inventor of the Memory Dive which all of you will be given a chance in operating in time." He gently smiled at everyone, some were ecstatic and excited, some like myself were confused, and the others had stern expressions, one could not decipher.

"This is Mr Kang." He motioned to the grump of a man beside him, "he is the head of this special department of the secret service." I remember questioning why I was here involved with the secret service, and then I realised it had to do with that contract I signed and didn't read.

"And this is Sena, she will be your caretaker whilst you live here." Jin mentions the lady to his right as she bows in greeting.

"All of you will now be escorted to the living quarters for the briefing and fitting." Jin mentioned with a smile, the guy beside me decided to lift his hand up, asking permission to ask a question. "Yes Jungkook."