Chapter 25

I've been hitting the punching bag and sparring Hoseok for a while to the point where I completely forgot the point of sparring in the first place. Him and I were collapsed on the mats, breathing heavily.

"You're improving Hana!" Hoseok spoke aloud as he was catching his breath. "Good work today."

"I feel like I won't be able to move for a few days." I laughed and he did too.

The door to the gym opened and in came a panting Jungkook, I shot up from the mat, suddenly remembering what was happening beyond the door.

"Jungkook?" I asked cautiously analysing his strained expression. His eyes flitted around the room to also find Yoongi who was alarmed.

"Did something happen?" Yoongi asked and was meant by a silent stare by Jungkook.

"Something went wrong with the memory dive—" my eyes widened and my heart sank.

"But Tae managed to survive— I—" he struggled to say anything, swallowing the lump in his throat, "Jimin's taking care of him in his room now, come with me if you want to see him."He didn't wait for us and just walked out while Hoseok, Yoongi and I scrambled up to catch up with him.

Once we entered the room, Jimin looked up at us sadly with remaining tears in his eyes.

"Hey guys." He tried to force a smile.

There was no Jin or Namjoon in sight.

"What happened?" Hoseok asked filled with concern as his eyes gazed upon Taehyung who was fast asleep.

"W-we don't know." Jimin looked pained and worried as he gently held Taehyung's had, caressing his thumb over the back of his hand. "Everything was normal until when the memory ended, nothing showed but a black screen and Taehyung vitals were going erratic until he—" Jimin choked, unable to hold back the tears to continue his explanation.

"H-he's not dead right?" I asked fear coursing through me but Jimin shook his head.

"He's not. But he did— then Namjoon came, stabbed him with a needle with god knows what was in there and suddenly Tae came back to life." Hoseok and I gasped but Yoongi who had a hardened expression.

Jungkook met Yoongi's eyes and they just stared at each other for a moment as if having a silent conversation.

"Did Namjoon explain anything." Yoongi asked.

"No, but he said he will." Jungkook stated and Yoongi nodded.

"What do you think could have happened?" Hoseok asked worried, "that's never happened before, do you think it's the machines fault?" He asked.

"Possibly, but were unsure." Jungkook sighed deeply looking exhausted. The burden of protecting the people he cared about was taking a toll on him. I noticed Jungkook really needed a break.

The room was silent for a while, everyone just watched Taehyung peacefully sleep until Yoongi broke the silence.

"Where's Jin and Namjoon." He asked.

"Probably at the infirmary." Jungkook gritted.

Yoongi's eyes brows flew up, "why would they be there."

"Jungkook might have beaten up Namjoon." Jimin laughed nervously and Jungkook looked away. Yoongi only hummed in response.

"I'll go see them." I started moving away but a hand caught me, I turned around to see Yoongi glaring at me.

"Not alone you aren't. Hoseok let's go." Yoongi stated and Hoseok nodded in agreement. Jungkook got up but was halted. "Kook you need to rest." He sternly said but Jungkook could only glare back.