Chapter 40

"I—I don't understand." I stared at eyes so familiar yet not, as heavy tears fell down my cheeks. I staggered back, until my back hit against a hard chest, a firm hold on me so I wouldn't collapse as my legs were about to give out from shock.

"I'll explain— but I don't have much time." The girl looked up to see the wall clock in the infirmary before meeting my eyes again. The longer she stared the more my heart hurt, it was like she was a living breathing missing piece of a puzzle in my life I had been searching for.

The girl smiled sadly at her, "let me finally introduce myself, my name is Park Hyemin." She started, now seeing the others enter the room she met all their eyes, "I am Hana's older sister."

"Older? But Hana never mentioned an older sister only a younger—"

But Jimin was cut off when Hyemin shook her head.

"I'm the older sister, Hana was always the youngest." Hyemin affirmed.

"B-but I don't understand, I don't remember having an older sister—" I winced gripping my head at the sudden memory of her, how the person with no name in my flash backs were suddenly as clear as day with the face of Hyemin, of course prior to the scar upon her face.

Jungkook quickly rushed over and helped steady me with Taehyung with concerned eyes. "I'm alright Jungkook." I waved him off but still held my head from the throbbing pain. I needed to hold on, get some answers.

"Then what are my memories? Why do I keep seeing me save a little girl— why—why are you helping us?" There were far too many questions I needed answers from, everything was just brewing up inside me, was my life a lie? We're my memories even real?

"I'm unable to answer everything right now, but you'll find out soon." Hyemin shrugged her lab coat properly upon her shoulders again, "all of you—" she got their attention, "take care of her and if you do snoop up there, don't break anything." She sighed deeply rubbing her temples, attempting to push past the crowd but Namjoon held onto her arm to halt her.

"You barely answered our questions." He gritted, "at least tell us who is keeping us here." He demanded, eyes narrowed upon her.

She held her glare on him for a moment before shrugging off his grip. "I'll tell you when we meet again, but for now I suggest let Hana dive into that case of hers. She'll get her answers there, and—" She looked up to meet their eyes, "You're close to piecing things together. But sometimes the answers your looking for should remain hidden."

"Wait—!" I yelled and pulled away from Jungkook's grasp. Hyemin halted in her tracks upon my voice. "Please help us get out of here!" I begged.

Hyemin stood still for a moment not turning back. "I'm afraid I can't help you with that. Goodbye Hana."

I was about to dash forward towards her but was held back by strong arms, I looked up in alarm to see Jungkook staring at Hyemins back with a hardened expression. "Why are you stopping me?" I questioned, "why isn't anyone stopping her!"

"Leave her Hana." Jin spoke, "we got all the information we needed."

I looked up at him confused, "what?! She barely said anything. How are we supposed to—" suddenly Jin looked down at her with an index finger to his lips, it had shut her up instantly.

"Come, let's go back in." Jin lead the way back to their living quarters and I was still dumbfounded about what happened, my tears had dried on my cheeks and my head was still brewing a storm but I needed answers. Staggering, I was glad Jungkook had a firm grip on me, he looked at me with concern.

"You need to rest."

"No." I replied, "I'm fine." I needed answers but my head was seriously killing me I gripped it tightly and hissed.