Chapter 16

The next few days went by and I still couldn't figure out who the hell lost their key card. I've literally seen everyone's keycard being used and Sena's key was kept in the Case Library. Then who's was this? I looked it over until the door opened.

"Hey Hana— sorry to bother you." Taehyung came in and I knew it was going to be him because he was the only one who never knocked.

'Whats up?' I looked up at him confused by his sudden fluster, he also looked rather guilty as he looked down.

"There has been changes in our schedule and unfortunately you have to dive today. Will that be okay with you?" He looked up at me with sad and guilty eyes.

'Is it—'

"No— No. we wouldn't let you dive into your past. We have another case which only unfortunately, only you have enough compatibility with to dive." Taehyung explains, "We can delay it but—"

'I'll do it.' I stand up, 'Whats the case on?'

Taehyung sighs and leans against the door frame.

"Murder."

'By what means.'

Taehyung looks away, biting his lip nervously.

"Torture."

I freeze in place.

"Hana— we can just delay—"

'I'll do it. Because if I don't, Jungkook will and I will not put his life on the line.' I shut the bathroom door behind me to get dressed in my dive suit.

Taehyung walked through the halls with his head down, mind too occupied as he accidentally bumped into someone.

"Hey— Tae. Everything alright?" Jungkook looked up at him.

Great. The person he just had to bump into.

"Yeah, just headed to the Case library." Taehyung flashed a forced smile before walking ahead.

Shortly after, Jungkook sees you walk out of the living quarters, he caught your arm just as you were going to walk past.

"Where are you going?" He asked before his eyes widened at the dive suit that peeked under the loose collar of your T-shirt. His grip on you tightened, "you are not diving." He said lowly.

I pulled my arm away, forcing him to let go of my arm as I shot him a glare. 'It's my job Jungkook.'

"Not when you're still recovering!" He argues.

'I'm fine Jungkook.' I sign to him sternly, 'it's the least I could do to help everyone.' You attempt to walk ahead but his hand gripped your arm again.

"By who's orders are you to dive." He growled lowly. "It better not be your case—"

'It's not my case Jungkook. Now let me go.' I forcefully Pull my arm away from him again and walked while keeping my gaze ahead.

"Hana—!" He yelled for me but I didn't turn back. I have been doing this for the last few years. He has no right to suddenly be so overprotective over me about a dive.

I enter the Dive room and in the window I see Jin and Yoongi inside of the observation room as I strip from my clothes to reveal the dive suit.

Shortly after Jungkook comes into the room to greet me with glaring eyes, "I can't stop you can I?" He asks. I hoped my silence gives him the answer he needs so his eyes soften and nods solemnly to himself, "Here—" he holds his hand out. "Let me take your clothes."