Chapter 3

Two years later.

"There she is."

Jimin greeted me with a heart warming smile as I slowly made my way to the living room, Namjoon keeping watch over me close by making sure my legs didn't give out on me. I had told him numerous times that I was alright but still, Namjoon insisted.

Kim Namjoon, the ex university professor, has an unbelievably high IQ score and voluntarily signed up for this. He mentioned all he wanted was an exciting life and what more exciting than helping the world catch the most vicious and intelligent criminals.

Then there was Park Jimin, who came to wrap his arms around me in relief that I was alright. He was kind to never ask me directly about my time in the memory dive but rather speak more humane topics like, what book I was reading currently, or movie I recently enjoyed and honestly the more simple things in life. It kept me grounded and I believe it did the same for him too.

Park Jimin was just a regular college student when he was brought here, he passed the first memory dive with flying colours because he's the kind who would take life as it came. His fears to escape were never harsh because Jimin never feared death.

Entering the dining room I was greeted by the same people for the past two years, the same room, the same scene of the fake outside projected through LED panels around the room to emulate natural sunlight.

As I entered as expected, Jungkook came round to take me from Jimin, guiding me to my seat he reserved for me whilst everyone else dug into their meals without a second glance.

"How are you feeling?" Jungkook spoke soft and low as the others began chatting around us. Ever since our first day here, the one I thought was cold and honestly, rather rude turned out to be one of the kindest.

'I'm okay, all of you need to stop fussing.' I signed and huffed before digging into my meal. That was one thing about this place that was worth looking forward to, Sena's meals were incredible and she never once would repeat the same dish twice in a week.

Jeon Jungkook, an ex secret service agent whom was the only one familiar with the project before it began. He had Dive'd multiple times and always made it out without a hitch even through the preliminary tests of the Memory Dive, that's why on the first day he was all too familiar with how things worked. Admittedly, he was concerned with the candidates chosen but was surprised that majority of us got through, after that day he seemed to slowly show his true self. He was rigid and cold at first because he was afraid for us, but as time wore on and we proved our worth, he warmed up.

"Heard you passed out again, Hana." Yoongi rudely quipped with a smirk while both Jimin and Jungkook glared at him.

"Shut up Yoongi." Jungkook hissed at him making Yoongi laugh.

"Hey, it's not my fault she insists on diving everyday." Yoongi shrugged and continued to eat, "what is it, the fifth time in the last two weeks? I'm surprised your brain is still even functioning." He mused literally asking for Jungkook to slam the table to shut him up.

'Its okay, he's just trying to get under your skin Jungkook.' I signed to the man beside me who continued to glare daggers at Yoongi.

"Enough Yoongi." Hoseok sighed from beside him before looking up at me, "Hana, I'm glad you're alright." His smile, like a ray of sunshine beamed at me and I couldn't help but return the gesture.