Chapter 42

When Hyemin returned to her quarters, she jolted in alarm when turning on her light to see Jung hyun standing there, glaring at her.

"Holy— Jung hyun! What the hell?!" She gripped her chest. "Why are you in here?"

"Where were you." He narrowed his eyes at her.

"What's it to you." She hissed back. "Now get out." She walked passed him but he roughly grabbed her wrist making her wince.

"I said, where were you." He growled threateningly at her but she kept her expression even and composed.

"I went down to check on the dive machine." She stated simply.

"What the hell were you thinking." He gritted, "you can't go down there alone."

Hyemin couldn't help but scoff, "yeah but you can?" She roughly pushed him away. "Now get out."

"Hyemin, you could have been killed—"

"—Then let them" she snapped at him, "I'm tired Jung hyun. Tired of this shit, tired of them having this control over us. And you—" she spat and pointed at him, "you are no better. Now get out." She whipped back around and locked herself in the adjoining bathroom. Jung hyun stood there for a moment, glaring at the bathroom door before storming out.

"Stick to the plan." He murmured to himself.

"Hey, shouldn't you still be in bed?"

Hoseok was surprised to see Me out and about in the kitchen early in the morning. He rounded the counter and was surprised to see that I was prepping up breakfast for everyone.

"I thought I'd return the favor. After all, all of you have been taking such good care of me." I smiled up at him, "though I'm kind of curious about something." I cocked my head to the side as I opened up the refrigerator and cupboards.

Hoseok couldn't understand why I was just standing there staring at the fully stocked shelves with food. I pointed at them questionably, "Has no one really been questioning the fact that we've always got fully stocked food?"

Hoseok opened his mouth to gasp but closed it again, his expressions morphing through various reactions before furrowing his eyebrows. "I— surprisingly never thought about that, no."

"Well, I would have assumed with Sena gone. No one would be stocking our food shelves. But it's like nothing has changed." I hummed.

"Do you think it could be Hyemin?" He asked and I thought about that for a bit but shook my head.

"It could be, but it also couldn't. All of this would be difficult for her to carry." Hoseok nodded in agreement.

Just then, Yoongi groaned and walked out, his hair was sticking in numerous directions and there were obvious eye bags under his eyes. He completely tunnel visioned the coffee maker without batting an eye at the fact Hoseok and I were there.

"Morning Yoongi." I greeted him but he just grunted once, sipping at his coffee before doing a double take.

"Hana? What are you doing?"

"Making breakfast for everyone, what else does it look like?" Hoseok and I chuckled. "Here, could you help me?" I asked Hoseok who happily obliged to take the plates to the dining room.

Shortly after the boys started waking up, each of them looking as exhausted as the other. I wondered what happened last night.

"Thank you for the meal!" Jin praised before tucking in. I was happy to see everyone although still half awake, eat heartily.