Chapter 33

"This can't be." Jungkook's eyes scanned the empty safe, "why would they— why—"

Yoongi sighed deeply, stepping inside. Taking a good look around, even running his finger along one of the shelves. He felt played, cheated.

"Could they have emptied it out in between? But no— we would have known or heard or—"

"No, they didn't. It's always been empty." Yoongi gritted, feeling the remnants of a very thin layer of dust between his fingers. "This safe probably had things stored before we arrived but It has been since removed, as if they knew we'd crack it one day." He glared at the empty shelves before slamming his fist hard against them.

"Goddammit!" He cursed and fumed, fists clenched tightly.

Suddenly a head popped out from outside the safe, eyes wide at the commotion, "what the hell is going on?" Jin asked.

"Safes empty. We're at a dead end for answers." Yoongi hissed, he was pissed as hell, he thought maybe they could get something, anything to give them a lead or to help them get the hell out of here.

"But I don't understand." Jungkook thought out loud, "why would my brother elude that there was something important in here?" He looked up between the two of them.

Yoongi only glared back, "your fucking brother is a piece of shit that's why. He made us think there was hope."

"Woah— hey, why don't the both of you step out for a moment. Jungkook's probably right, maybe there is something about the safe his brother doesn't want us to know about." Jin tried to reason but Yoongi scoffed.

"Really?" He opened his arms out, "Are you even using your eyes? There's nothing here! Just an expensive as hell piece of empty storage! You know what, I'm done. It seems all of us will just have to rot in hell. Night." Yoongi pushed passed Jungkook and Jin stomping his way back to his room in the living quarters. Jungkook was about to chase for him but Jin quickly held him back.

"Don't, he needs to cool off." He warned.

Jungkook was silent for a moment before turning around to face Jin, "What if my brother was right. What if the memories we have aren't real anymore? This place just distorts everything, I don't even know who I am anymore!" He frustratedly yelled.

Jin's eyes softened, "Jungkook. You're not the only one feeling that way, all of us are having internal battles, but one thing for sure that's driving us to search for answers and freedom is the fact that we all love and care for each other." Jin smiled kindly at Jungkook who only looked away, "I know you want to save Hana. And we all do too so we need to just keep going. We need to hang on." Jin's words struck a chord in Jungkook's heart. Of course he wanted to save Hana, it was a given. "Also don't worry about Yoongi, Kook. You should know out of everyone, he's always had a drive to leave this place. And he has a very good reason to want to get out of here."

Jungkook looked up, curious, "And how do you know that? We only know he hates the fact that they invented that— drug."

Jin sighed deeply, putting his hands in his pockets as he slumped his shoulders. "He told me recently and it's not my place to say, but Yoongi has a very good reason. If there's anyone else he'd open up to, it would be you." Jin smirked at him.

Jungkook cocked his eyebrow, "Yoongi doesn't exactly favour me. He only tolerates me cause I get shit done."

Jin smiled and shook his head, "Looks like it's tough love for Yoongi then. He cares for you Kook, probably nearly as much as he cares for his brother and Hana. Anyway let's get some rest, we have a big day tomorrow." He grimaced and ran his fingers through his hair.