Chapter 22

"I know you have the master key Hana."

The air turned cold as a shiver ran up my spine, my eyes widened.

"H-how did you follow us? We were being careful—"

"Hana." He looked at her seriously, "There's more to me that I'm willing to open up about, but I need to find out your true intentions." I didn't know what to do. I needed to call Jungkook, But Yoongi suddenly gripped my wrist making me jolt. "I'm asking you Hana. Not Jungkook and not the others. What are your intentions here?" He asked, his eyes now void of the vulnerability he showed before like a flip of a switch.

"I—" my breath caught in my throat. "I just want to get out of here." I stutter out but Yoongi's eyes darkened.

"I know that isn't all."

I gulped, feeling suddenly frightened by Yoongi's presence. I didn't know if I should reveal our intentions when I didn't know whether Yoongi was with us or not. "I— can't tell you." My eyes start to water from the fear that was building up and his eyes softened. He finally let go of my wrist and moved back breathing out a sigh.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He looked away disappointed in himself. He ruffled his hair frustratedly, "guess old habits don't die after all."

I looked at him confused, relieved that I was no longer being put on the spot and interrogated.

"Look— if it makes you feel any better I too want to get out of here Hana. There's something not right about this place." He looks back up at me, "you probably don't trust me and I get that, but I'm willing to prove that I can be trusted. My years of crime were not because I did it because I liked it, but because there was a bigger evil out there Hana."

My eyes widened, Yoongi hardly disclosed anything about his past life besides minor things. I suddenly had an idea, a way Yoongi could help us.

"Yoongi— you said that the room next door is a vault right?" I asked carefully, he only but nodded truthfully. "And you said you saw us last night— you know about the keypad don't you." I asked again.

"Ah—" he mused, "I didn't have too close of a look, so that's what is was. No wonder  Jungkook decided to leave it." Yoongi noted.

I looked at him carefully, furrowing my eyebrows. I was willing to take a gamble, I really wanted to trust Yoongi, the fact that he knew about the keycard but haven't ratted me out must mean something. And the fact that he was willing to prove to me that he could be trusted. I needed to take this leap.

"Yoongi—" I reached out and slid my hand over his, this caught his attention and looked down at my hand resting above his. "You said you'd promise to protect me right?" I said softly, before meeting his eyes. He stared into mine intensely.

"With my life, Hana."

My breath hitched and I could see and hear the honesty in his voice.

"Then I trust you Yoongi." I whispered before continuing, "you said you used to break into banks before this. You're well versed in vaults aren't you?" I asked and he couldn't only smirk back.

"I didn't think you'd be interested in any criminal details Hana, but yes, that is right."

"Even extremely high security ones right?" I ask and his smirk only grew wider, his eyes had a glint of amusement in them.

"You're talking to the best of the best." He chuckled darkly.

"Then it shouldn't be a problem for you to crack the code of the vault next door then— right?" I challenged.