Chapter 10

It was the first time Jungkook had said anything about his personal life to us, it was painful to hear and all of it made sense regarding his fears and worries for all of us, why he would do anything to protect us.

We recorded the memory and archived it to look into later, right now, Jungkook needed to rest even if he didn't want to but it was the first time I've ever seen him stumble and trip over his feet more than once when Namjoon helped him out of the chair.

I stuck closely by their side as we made our way back to the living quarters because Jungkook refused to go to the infirmary, assuring us multiple times that he was alright and just needed a shower. Namjoon had headed off to check on Jimin.

Before he went into his room I tugged his sleeve, 'are you sure you're okay?' Just now honestly frazzled me, I had never seen Jungkook so vulnerable before but as usual he just pat my head and gave a small smile of reassurance.

"Promise, I'll be back out soon okay?" He said steadily while I searched his eyes, for any form of uncertainty but he seemed back to normal again so I nodded reluctantly. First Jimin, then Jin and now Jungkook? There was only so much I could take.

"Unless you want to join me."

My eyes shot up, wide as saucers at his with a deep red flush blooming on my cheeks at his amused smirk. I immediately playfully started hitting him, fuming as I stomped away, but he caught my wrist, pulling me back into his form as I feel his arms encase me from behind. He rested his forehead on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, "I know you're worried about me—" he tightened his hold, "Thank you." I physically relaxed hearing his apology and turned around, cupping his face in between my palms again, his eyes were tired and I knew he was hiding this from us before.

'You're not alone anymore.' I mouthed at him hoping he knew what I said, seeing a genuine smile tug at his lips I had my guess.

"I know, and everyday I'm grateful I have all of you." he softly said. A cheeky smile made it to my face as I backed away from his hold.

'You better, cause you have Me.' I enthusiastically pointed at myself in pride making him burst into a small laughter.

"You're right." He grinned. "You sure you don't want to join me?" He wiggled his eyebrows, pointing behind him towards the bathroom. I gasped and he only chuckled again, "kidding. See you soon Hana." And with that he finally closed the door.

I huffed and turned around, mentally thinking Taehyung's flirty ways were now rubbing off on him. I decided to visit Jimin to see whether he was okay.

Back in Jungkook's room, he stood arms resting against the bathroom sink, shirt was discarded and his head hung low, thinking back at the memory he just experienced. Why did they have to show that to him again, and now he felt what it was like to be in his late brothers position, shot and discarded in the worst way possible. He gripped the edges of the sink, his knuckles were turning white.

Why were they digging up their past traumas. First Hana, now him. This dangerous game whoever up there is playing needs to be stopped. He glared at himself in the mirror, he hated that he was revisiting old feelings again, how he hated himself for what happened, how he loathed his existence, how he deserved to be alone.

'You're not alone anymore.'

He shut his eyes tightly, that's right he wasn't alone anymore as images of his friends in this facility flashed in his mind, attempting to recall fond memories about them but the trauma of the bullets going through his chest and the feeling of water overtaking his lungs resurfaced over and over again. He was fighting for his life in his head to keep it together. He let out a loud shout of pure agony and rage and ended up with a bloodied fist and broken mirror shards.