Chapter 41

My migraines had finally stopped for now, the boys really wanted me to rest for as long as I could before tackling something I knew would probably make me feel even more worse. Jimin and Taehyung kept me company most of the time, I was thankful for them as always and of course Jin would usually bring me food to eat.

The boys hadn't gone on another excursion to the labs above us, but that was for precaution since Hyemin warned everyone not to. That's until I finally do that dive she's asked me to do.

Meanwhile, Jungkook has been training the others toward more combat. Jungkook excelled the most and Taehyung did too, surprisingly naturally. It made me question what Taehyung's background was before all of this, we all knew he was a regular Uni student like Jimin and I but I had a feeling that wasn't the whole story. The other day he even used the gun he stole from Hyemin, and knew how to shoot it, but I guess I wasn't the only one that was curious.

"Hey Tae, what exactly did you study in uni?" Jimin asked whilst we ate our meals together in my room.

"I was an arts student." He said simply whilst chewing on his food.

"But then why are you so good with tech?" Jimin quirked his eyebrow, but Taehyung just shrugged.

"No idea. It's just fun." He said with his mouth full making me chuckle.

Jimin rolled his eyes, "alright, then how are you so good at combat? Even Jungkook was amazed how fast you picked it up." He narrowed his eyes at the man, hoping to rise a confession out of him but Taehyung's expression was still the same.

"It's like dancing. I picked up dance really easily back at uni." Taehyung shrugged again. I couldn't help but snicker, all this tendencies were exactly how Tae was. It was nothing unusual at all, at least when it comes to him.

"Then how do you know how to shoot a gun?"

Taehyung finally froze at that, stopping mid chew, Jimin and I exchanged glances. He slowly started chewing again but visibly swallowed thickly. His expression saddened.

"My dad taught me."

"Your dad?" Jimin asked. We hadn't heard much about Taehyung's parents unlike his grandmother he loved so dearly.

Taehyung's mood visibly shifted so I nudged Jimin to stop him from pressing further, he nodded in understanding but Taehyung let out a loud sigh.

"My dad was a police man. He taught me how to hold a gun at a very young age and—" he paused there.

I was starting to feel worried so I scooted over and rubbed his back gently, "it's okay Tae, you don't have to tell us." I smiled at him assuringly but he shook his head.

"I feel like I should be more honest with everyone since were really digging into everyone's pasts."

"But you don't need to feel obligated to tell us Tae." Jimin interjected and came to hug Tae's side.

"I know." Taehyung smiled appreciatively, "but I think I'm ready to talk about it, if that's okay with you guys."

I snuggled closer to him and kissed his cheek, "of course Tae." I gave him a supporting smile and so did Jimin.

"Well—" he started staring down at his fingers, "like I said, my dad taught me how to use a gun at a very young age. Because my parents were very young when they had me, they had to both work leaving with my grandmother most of the time." His eyes saddened thinking of the memory, "my dad got into trouble. He was an officer but because we didn't have a lot of money, he got into trouble with loan sharks even though my mother told him that what they earned was enough. Even though I was young, I could understand what was going on, my mother and father fought a lot, to the point it got rather dangerous for me to be home.