Chapter 18

That night, Jungkook stayed with me, he wrapped his arms around me protectively as I cried in his arms. He held my small shuddering frame as he did everything in his power to help calm me down in his embrace. Once I had I felt spent and It was frightening, suddenly I felt even more afraid to be in the confines of this place with people I thought I knew. Jungkook felt like one of the only people I could trust now.

I looked up at Jungkook with my tear stained cheeks and tired eyes, he only smiled gently down at me making my heart bloom in my chest. He was always around to protect me.

"I can trust you right?" I whisper up at him and he nodded, with full sincerity.

"You can. Because I trust you too." He voiced softly and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. Jungkook had come a long way from the lack of humane contact and emotions to someone so full of them.

I closed my eyes and leaned into his embrace which he welcomed, "The key card is in my room, in the pocket of my grey hoodie in the closet on the second shelf, third setting. Taehyung is currently sleeping in my room but he's usually dead to the world so you should be able to sneak by him. You think you could do that?" I asked, opening my eyes looking up at Jungkook who just smirked down at me.

"You're talking to an an ex agent Hana. That's child's play compared to what I've had to do." He snickered making me roll my eyes. I pulled away from him, crossing my arms with a challenging smirk on my face.

"Alright hot stuff, come on we have some snooping to do."

He chuckled playing along with my game, he leaned in just barely an inch apart, "And do I get something for doing a favor?" His voice lowered as he teased seeing my eyes widen.

"Y-you get to see what the card does." I quickly looked away, a blush evident on my cheeks as he continued to just smile knowingly at me.

"Sounds good to me." He said before leaving the room. I fanned my face realising I had just played with fire, I swear Jungkook was just learning bad stuff from Yoongi and Taehyung.

It really didn't take long at all for Jungkook to return with the keycard as he confidently flicked it in the air with flair and caught it. "Shall we?" He called pointed behind him.

"I'm worried Jin or someone finds out." I express but he just shakes his head.

"If we're suspicious, they'd be suspicious of us, so let's just go about things like we're just curious. I believe Yoongi is the only one awake and he's in his room." He mentions.  I bite my lip gently and nod, he was right. We should just go about this as if we were finding information for all of us.

"Wait—" I quickly catch his wrist and turn him to face me. His eyes widen feeling soft lips attach to his cheek briefly before I pull away from him, continuously biting my lip, I look away shyly. "Your compensation for getting the card."

He couldn't stop himself from grinning ear to ear before taking my hand to pull me along, "then I should do more favors for you." He teased making me flush even more, did he even know what he was saying?

The first room that was closest to us was what we thought would be an armory room. With the key in hand we thought we'd try there first but what we didn't expect was that even if it worked, there was suddenly a keypad where you'd have to input the right combination. Jungkook cursed under his breath.

"Of course it wouldn't open with just the keycard." He hissed, "at least Yoongi was right, this sure would be a safe of sorts."  He examined the panel with its high end security. With a sigh he got up, "come on."

"Wait— were just going to leave it?" I asked.

He looked back at me, "we don't know the code and I don't exactly want to sound any alarms if we even attempt to try." That seemed reasonable so I got up to follow him to the next location.