Chapter 39

A second of silence prolonged itself in my head but then the consistent beeps of a heartbeat could be heard. I still didn't want to open my eyes until I felt someone hug me from behind, their face nuzzled into the crook of my neck.

"He's fine Hana, you can open your eyes now."

Slowly opening my eyes, I blinked to see Yoongi alive and well, being helped out of the seat by Hobi and Jin. Relief washed over me at the success of the dive, just the machine itself causes all of us so much stress and anxiety.

"Come on, let's go see him." Jimin took my hand and dragged me out of the observation room, to where they were. Once entering, Yoongi looked up at me, he looked exhausted and pale but he wasn't hurt, just needed rest.

"Hey." He smiled up at me, once he did I crashed into his arms making him chuckle as he hugged me back. "I told you I'll be back." He whispered into my ear. "Did you find what we've been looking for?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'll go get the clip for you now." I retracted from his hold, not before pressing a soft kiss upon his lips, he lazily smiled at me before his eyes started to droop, I quickly held him as his weight collapsed against me.

"He's just passed out, the dive must've taken a lot out of him." Jin explained, "Hoseok could you help me carry him back to his room?"

"Yeah, of course." Hoseok helped take the weight of Yoongi from my arms.

Jimin hugged my back again, the two of us just stayed there for a moment.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Y-yeah." I answered however I didn't know why I was hesitant. Something still didn't feel right.

"Come, let's get you some food. You look like you're about to faint." He chuckled and and guided me out without a word.

I couldn't help but look back at the exit door of the facility.

"Why are you here."

She pressed the barrel of the gun tighter against Taehyung's head making him shut his eyes tightly. Namjoon and Jungkook's hearts were elevated and panicking.

"Answer me or your friend comes with me." Hana's sister's eyes were cold and narrowed at them.

"W-we were just—" Jungkook started but then Namjoon stepped up, pulling Jungkook behind him.

"We're trying to find a way out." Namjoon stated boldly making Jungkook's eyes widen. Taehyung for sure thought he was going to die then and there but surprisingly felt the gun retract from his head.

"Then you're looking in the wrong place." Hana's sister spat. Shoving Taehyung back into Namjoon and Jungkook. Jungkook quickly hid the shaken Taehyung behind him protectively, but they were utterly confused by her actions.

"You're not— you're not stopping us?" Namjoon asked.

"No." She looked away and put the gun back into her holster. When her eyes were on theirs again, she just looked annoyed. "Because you're not going to make it out if you get caught like that again."

Namjoon scoffed, "then why aren't you killing us?"

She was silent for a moment before pushing past them. "Get in." They all exchanged questionable looks.

"Why should we." Jungkook stepped up.

"Because your bother is going to walk through those doors any moment and he won't hesitate to shoot your two beloved friends of yours, so get in." She hissed.