Chapter 7

'In person?!' Yoongi signed eagerly in shock.

'We'll talk about it later.' Jungkook hinted behind him to where Sena was prepping their lunch. It was best they kept their discussions amongst themselves.

I tapped Jungkook's arm making him look at me. 'Where is Namjoon?'

"I believe he's back in the conservatory." Hoseok replied instead, I smiled.

'Thank you, I'll go call him for lunch.' I got up and walked out of the living quarters to see Namjoon, there was a question I had for him and I hope he could answer it.

Entering back into the conservatory, I didn't see him where he usually would be so I scanned the greenery.

"Hey Hana, I'm over here!" He called out and I finally found him crouched down to the left. I made my way there to see him tending to one of the flowering plants.

'What are you doing?'

"Getting Jimin something pleasant to wake up to." Namjoon smiled sadly as he got busy in harvesting the beautiful yellow flower. I crouched down next to him, seeing how he tenderly cuts the stems of the flower so delicately and precise, completely opposite of his usual clumsy nature.

'I know he'll love it.' I smiled up at Namjoon and helped him out, moving away the obscuring leaves as he reached for the other stems. Finally clipping one last flower he wiped his forehead looking down at the bouquet of flowers in a basket.

"You think this will be enough?" He asked and I nodded, it was more than enough.

'It would look great in a vase. This is nice of you Namjoon.' I pleasantly smiled up at him.

"Well—" he sighed deeply, "all of you have basically become my family now." He grinned, his dimples on full display. "Could you help me level out the stems? I think you're better at that than I am." He chuckled.

'Of course.' I eagerly replied, picking up the basket of flowers, setting it on the table in the middle.

"I'll go get a nice vase, I'll be back." Namjoon took off the garden gloves and pat my head before walking off.

As I levelled out the stems so that they were all the same length, snipping at the ends, I thought about what Namjoon said, that we were all basically family now and it really resonated in me. The relationships we developed were definitely platonic, being able to cuddle and hug everyone with ease without any connotations. But my heart still yearned to know what being in love was. I never got that experience, and I was never shown love until I arrived here.

The mechanic doors opened again to reveal Namjoon and a beautiful crystal glass I knew immediately Jimin would love. 'Thats beautiful!'

"Been saving it to give to someone one day, guess the time has come." He chuckled, looking down at my cut flowers, "see, I told you, you'd be better than me. I would have cut one too short and then have to level everything out until they look like stumps." He laughed and I did too silently before feeling his hand atop my head. "It's cute when you laugh." He smiled sweetly, "I just wish we knew what you sounded like, I'm sure you had a beautiful voice." He sadly said but continued to pat my head gently.

I reached up and held his hand bringing it down to give it a reassuring squeeze. 'I will get my voice back one day. I trust Jin.' I placed his palm against my cheek before closed eyes smiled at him.

Namjoon heaved out a ragged sigh, shaking his head. "If we weren't stuck in this prison and you were my student, this would be a problem." He cleared his throat and said with flushed cheeks. I didn't exactly get what he meant but I flushed anyway. Namjoon was a university teacher at the same university I got a scholarship at before all of this happened. He was a prodigy teaching students basically his age and it was highly possible I would have ended up in one of his classes.