Chapter 26

"You really can't see the resemblance? After all my sister and I look alike don't we?"

His eyes widened now seeing the resemblance of this girl and Hana, like his older brother, she thought her younger sister was dead. Killed as a baby by her parents, it's what the case was about but then how?

How was she alive?

The air was eerie, nothing about her felt pleasant or welcoming in the slightest as Jungkook felt his pulse race at the sight of her out of fear which was something he wasn't used to as a trained agent, he however did his best to stay calm in this situation.

She continued to examine the vial that she held in her palm, satisfied, she held it out to him. He could only stare.

"Isn't this what you're looking for?" She smiled at him, but that same chill ran up his spine. Something was terribly wrong about her.

"Who are you." He asked he stayed at a safe distance from her at the door.

She sighed shaking her head looking somewhat disappointed, "didn't I just say that my sister and I look alike?"

He narrowed his eyes at her, "Hana's sister died years ago. Who the hell are you." He gritted

His words only made her smile wider, less inviting and more like a maniac, "So you do know me." She stepped closer to him and Jungkook got in a defensive stance, hands ready with the keycard to escape the door if he needed.

"This place isn't a special sector of the secret service is it." He gritted, "why the hell are we here."

She clicked her tongue and walked closer to him, "one question at a time sweetheart." She held out the vial again with a coy like smirk, "so— are you going to take it or not?"

He flicked his gaze from her face to the vial before quickly snatching it from her hand.

She narrowed her eyes at him, "For someone who cares a lot about my sister, you sure are rude."

"You are not her sister! What the hell is this place!" He shouted.

She turned around and traced the Memory dive with her manicured fingers. "A place where all of you belong."

"Enough with the riddles!" He shouted, he was refraining from acting on his anger and instincts. He needed to access the situation better, to know more or he'd be the reason for everyone's death here.

She looked back at him again, meeting his eyes. "All of you are precious to us. And your dear friend Jin has been an incredible asset to our project." She grinned widely. "It's just upsetting that he takes all the credit for something he hasn't done." She mock pouted and it only made Jungkook look at her even more confused.  "Anyway, it's been a pleasure to finally meet you Jeon Jungkook." She waved at him.

"Wait—!" He shouted quickly running to catch her but the door to the outside world shut. He slammed his fists on it in frustration.

"You're just like your brother." She sounded through the intercoms making him freeze up. Her maniacal laugh echoed in the room before the line cut out.

"What the fuck is going on—" he cursed before his eyes darted around the room. Everything was in usual shape, the syringe was on the floor which he quickly picked up, he now had the vial in his possession as well.