• 1 •

Chapter 1 // First meet

- Nini

"Miss Nini," Lielle, the maid knocked on my door, I excitedly put down the hair brush down on my vanity table before I stood up and open the door myself.

"Yes, unnie?" I smiled.

"Uh... Your Mom came, she's in downstairs. She said she wants to talk with you."  Lielle unnie smiled, making my smile grew wider.

"Really?!" I asked happily and she nodded. "Okay, I'll be there! Thank you!" I bowed down to her before closing the door.

Did Mom really came all by herself to visit me? Will she eat dinner with me??

My thoughts made me excited, a smile immediately formed on my lips. It also lightens my mood knowing my mom is here.

I'm only a 12 years old girl who needs the love and accompany of a mom. That's why it always excites me to see mom coming home.

I double checked my look in the mirror first, I wanna be pretty in front of Mom so she would compliment me and would say I'm pretty like her. 

Oh no, my dress is worn out. I have to change in a pretty dress! So, I did change. I am still a kid almost a teen but they would say I have a good fashion sense.  I wore a pretty pink long sleeve dress, I also tied my hair and put a matching pink bow on it. I wore a long white socks and paired it with pink doll shoes.

And wow I looked pretty now!

When I am already satisfied with my look, I immediately went downstairs. I saw Mom's back when I entered the living room. But then, my smile immediately disappeared when I saw my half sister.

"Eomma!" I happily said, I walked near her to give her a kiss on a cheek. But I was startled when she blocked her hand on my face and slightly pushed me away.

It stopped me from moving and made me looked at my mom unbelievably. I bit my lower lip and looked down instead. "Did you come to see me, Mom?" I said in my low and hoping voice.

"Huh? No, I came here to get the stuffs I bought for you. I will give it to your half sister since she deserved it more better." She smiled at me before pulling my half sister's hand and bring it in front of her making me walked backwards.

I shut my mouth close and intertwined both of my hands. I just embarrassed myself to mom for assuming some things...

"W-why? I thought you bought it when I was a baby so I could have use them when I turned 12. I am 12 now so I would use them all. So why?" Tears slowly forms on my eyes but I kept fighting it.

"Do you even have to asked that?" She scoffed. "Of course, you're step sister is more prettier than you. She deserve those elegant, gorgeous, expensive, luxurious and beautiful stuffs than you." She said as she slowly caressed my half sister's hair while giving her the sweetest smile she never gave me.

I looked down and silently dried my tears. I guess I expected too much. I assumed so much.

"Aigoo, look at you. You look like a petty looking villain fairy I would always see in the cartoons. All pink?" She shook her head as if she was disappointed. "Nini-yah, stop trying so hard to look pretty, okay? No matter what you do, your half sister would still be the prettiest because she looked like me."

I was taken a back to what she said. I felt like my confidence went zero and my insecurities increased.

"I'm prettier than Jennie, Mommy?"

"Of course, sweetie. You're not just prettier but you're also more talented and smarter than her. I bet she fail her grades and don't have activities--"